mechta [ twenty eight ]

[ TWENTY EIGHT ]

[ TWENTY EIGHT ]

"Um, Minari?"

Practice finally ended, with the team all exhausted. It was the last day of practice before they had to start their journey towards Nationals. Everyone was nervous and excited at the same time, but none of them backed down.

They were all looking forward to the games the next day, because after all, it was a path towards reaching their own dreams.

"Mi?" Lev called again, appearing behind the manager who was making sure that the gym was as good as it was before they came.

It wasn't like she didn't hear the tall teenager. Minari was just trying to calm down her nerves. After all, the matches for tomorrow were the ones she was looking forward to, at the moment.

"Minari," called Lev, making the girl finally look at him.

As her eyes met his, he gave her a smile that sent chills down her spine. Among all the smiles that he gave her so far, it was the most passionate she ever received.

It was almost as if he was telling her "look at me, I'm the best. I'll prove that to you so don't you dare take your eyes away from me."

"Tomorrow marks the start of our journey," Lev said, so the girl nodded at him with a smile.

"Yeah. I'm sure you guys can make it. You'll be one of the best teams out there," Minari said, encouraging the first year middle blocker.

"Um, game aside... can you go somewhere with me first before going home? I'll send you home after," the half-Russian asked, which surprised the first year manager.

Did he want to talk about something? She wanted to tell him that he needed his rest before going into a game the next day, but when her eyes met his, she knew that he had something to say and it couldn't wait until the next day.

Sighing and giving in to Lev like she usually did, she gave the grey haired teen a nod before looking at Kuroo and Kenma to tell them that she wouldn't be coming home with the two again for that night.

"I guess," Minari said, giving Lev a smile before she took her bag and led the boy outside of the gym after making sure that it was locked.

When Lev told her that he wanted to talk and wanted to go somewhere, she expected it to be in a nearby burger joint. Never did she think that it would be in that park, on that bench, under the same stars that witnessed their first kiss.

Just being on that same spot made her think about their memories. That bench, after all, became their place. It was special and held a meaning to them.

"Do you remember this place, Mi?" Lev suddenly asked, as both of them sat down and looked up at the stars.

She blinked in surprise, seeing him smiling up at the stars as if he was talking about something that he loved so much. But after all, he was. Or, he was going to.