mechta [ nine ]

[ NINE ]

[ NINE ]

Ever since that guy named Ichigo had the guts to confess to Nase Minari, the girl found herself getting bombarded with other confessions from different guys in different year levels. It wasn't every minute that she spent time with Kenma and Kuroo so every now and then, those other guys were able to sneak in a confession for the girl.

To be completely honest, she was a tiny bit scared. She was so used to Kuroo and Kenma's presence, she was so used to the fact that no one could approach her because she had them but here she was, getting bombarded with love letters and confessions. She didn't even understand why they were approaching her. She didn't interact much with other people, so how could anyone like her?

"Where are Kuroo and Kenma?" Minari muttered under breath, walking in the hallways as she was on her way to the gym.

She wasn't one to talk to others she didn't know, so it was natural for her to be scared or not know what to do when someone she didn't know would approach her all of a sudden.

Just as she was about to turn into a corner, she was surprised when a guy suddenly appeared.

"Nase, please-"

"Give her a break," another voice said, surprising the girl even more.

She turned her head behind her, seeing Haiba Lev with a serious expression on. His eyes weren't the usual innocent looking ones (according to Minari), they were serious as hell and looked scary if you were the one he was glaring at.

"Haiba," the guy said, chuckling as he rubbed the back of his neck. He was pissed at the fact that Haiba Lev suddenly appeared. 

Ever since more people found Minari walking alone, they had the courage to confess to her but then all of a sudden, Haiba Lev would appear like a lion behind her. Everyone who had a crush on Minari hated Haiba Lev, especially since he was there shooing them away like he was her boyfriend. He wasn't. 

"She doesn't need confessions from you or anyone else, so walk away now. You're bothering her. Mi, let's go to the gym? The team is waiting for you, as well as the coach." Lev said, making the guy in front of them flinch.

He then walked away awkwardly, which made the girl sigh in relief. She closed her eyes, placing her hands on her cheeks to calm herself down.

Now that Kenma and Kuroo were getting busier, she found herself hanging out with them less unless it was going home or during practice. She used to spend breaks and lunches with the two older males but spending time with them during those hours started getting rare lately.

Lev started walking, secretly nervous about the fact that he was walking beside Minari. Being left alone with her really makes him feel different things, and he just wished she was the same.

"Lev, thank you about earlier," Minari suddenly said, smiling up at the skyscraper named Haiba Lev.

"Oh? It's nothing. I just saw you and thought you were looking uncomfortable when he appeared," he replied, scratching the back of his neck. He laughed awkwardly, and Minari thought it was suspicious. 

No. I was following you because I wanted to look after you, especially after I saw you get nervous about being alone that time when Kenma-san appeared right after I did. I wanted to be the first one to save your day from getting ruined by confessions.

"Really? Thanks. It means a lot." Minari replied, so Lev gave her a smile before they resumed walking towards the gym.

They were walking peacefully, but that was until Kuroo decided to appear and speak up. Both first years turned around, the third year standing in front of them with a teasing smile across his lips.

"Now, now, Minari and Lev. Kenma and I were just not around, and I hear these rumours that you two are dating?" Kuroo teased, making the girl widen her eyes.

Her cheeks were tainted pink, and Lev's eyes were screaming surprised. Both hearts were beating rapidly, especially because of the captain's stare. The thought of dating Nase Minari made Lev feel a certain kind of tickle in his heart. She was perfect in his eyes, but then again, he reminded himself that he was nowhere near being able to go to at least a single date with the fellow first year.

"They're baseless rumours, Kuroo. You know me better than that," Minari seriously said, trying not to stutter. "Haiba was simply fending them off."

It wasn't that she didn't like to be with Lev. She just didn't like the idea of herself being put into a rumour again. Sure, the rumours of her dating either Kuroo or Kenma were dying down, but who were the students to start up another rumour with this time being with Lev?

She felt like there was someone who hated her, spreading rumours about her. Why is she even being caught up in rumours when all she ever wanted was a peaceful high school life? But of course, being involved with Kuroo Tetsurou and his team is nowhere near having a normal life. They were the talk of the campus.

"Whatever you say, Minari. By the way, Kenma bought you strawberry milk. Come on. Lev, Yaku's been looking for you."

As the three of them walked towards the gym, all Kuroo could ever think about was how he could manage seeing Lev and Kenma secretly vying for Minari's attention. If that were truly the case, he didn't know how Minari would react after realizing that. Did she ever know that Kenma, a friend of hers for such a long time, seemed to also have a little crush on her?

While Kuroo watched Minari chat a bit with Lev, he was left with thinking of how his friend— Nase Minari— managed to become a center for change among the boys' volleyball team. Aside from the fact that they had been more motivated to practice, Minari stirred the hearts of a certain first and second year. Of course, Kuroo Tetsuro would never point that out unless it would be useful for him to do so.

Until then, he'd keep such things and thoughts to himself— he shall continue to observe the three.

Aren't things getting a bit more interesting day by day?