mechta [ nineteen ]

[ NINETEEN ]

[ NINETEEN ]

"OH! NASE MINARI!"

Minari immediately turned her head to the direction where someone called her, seeing that it was Bokuto Koutarou. She gave the male a smile, approaching him. They weren't that close, but Kuroo did introduce them to each other.

As she walked towards Fukurodani's ace, his teammates watched them intently. Even most members of Nekoma did, but they knew that Kuroo might have introduced the two to each other.

"Hey! Don't you have your own training camp?" Bokuto asked, leaning his head to the side as he questioned the girl. As far as he knew, Minari was a player as well. Why was she in the boys' training camp and not with her own?

"I quit playing. I'm the boys' manager now, though. I'm planning to be a coach in the future, as well," Minari explained, making the ace drop his jaw over dramatically. She said it so seriously as well, as if quitting volleyball was nothing. He couldn't process just how easily she could drop the sport that everyone around them was so passionate about.

"Huh?! Why?! You were doing so well! Hold on... Don't tell me... is it that game. So you were injured on your game with Itachiyama, right?" Bokuto said, trying to calm himself down.

"Yeah. I often injure myself, so it was bound to happen. Anyway, I hope my boys crush your team, bye!" Minari said, chuckling to herself as she jogged towards Kuroo who was stretching. As much as she wanted to talk to Bokuto, she just felt down for a bit- after all, it wasn't easy to forget that moment which changed her life and career forever.

Bokuto yelled for her to come back, but he was soon held back by Akaashi and his other teammates since they needed him for a quick meeting. Perhaps Akaashi also recognized the look of hurt in the girl's eyes.

"Let me go, Akaashi! Minari said she hopes Nekoma crushes us."

"What did that owl want to talk about with you?" Kuroo asked, sitting down beside their manager.

Kenma was observing the other players on the court, while waiting for who he said someone he wanted to introduce Minari to. They already played one game and were waiting for another one while taking a breather.

Yaku and Kai were talking to each other, while the first and second years were stretching by themselves. Lev, on the other hand, was staring at the team called Karasuno which made the girl curious. Was it the team that Kenma told her about?

"He wanted to know why I was here when the girls were having a training camp as well. I just explained a bit and maybe told him you'll crush them...?" Minari said, so Kuroo laughed while clutching his stomach.

"I bet he sulked over that! Hahaha! He has a soft spot for you, too. He said he's a fan of your serves. That must hurt his ego, hahaha!" Kuroo laughed, and Minari couldn't help but giggle along with him.