mecha [ fourteen ]

[ FOURTEEN ]

[ FOURTEEN ]

Saturday. The team didn't have morning practice so Minari didn't know what to do. At home, it was always just her mum and her so there was nothing to do especially since her mum always had her own little world. Sometimes, it felt like her mum wasn't even there, but she got used to it over the years. 

Minari sighed. She was dressed and was ready to go outside but she didn't know what to do or where to go. The girl stretched, and then started walking towards the front door. Maybe she'll just decide on where to kill time before practice once she was outside.

"Mum, I'm going now," Minari said, so her mum gave her a little hum as an answer.

The girl went out of their house, a small sigh escaping her lips. She had to think of a place to kill time before she had to get to the practice before lunch. After all, Coach Nekomata told her that the players and she herself should come before lunch because they will be having barbecue.

Minari gripped the strap of her bag tighter, and then she started to walk away from their street. She was walking peacefully, thinking about how she should spend time when her phone buzzed. She thought that it was a message but when it kept vibrating, Minari realized that it was a call so she answered right away.

"Hello?" the first year manager called, forgetting to check whoever was calling.

"Mi! I... I was just wondering if you're busy?"  Lev's voice could be heard from the other side of the call, unknowingly lighting up Minari's eyes and bringing a smile on her lips.

"I don't even know what do before coming to Nekoma. Is there a reason why you asked?" Minari asked, and then she heard a thud which made her furrow her brows.

"Ow. I hit my head. Uh... do you want to go eat ice cream with me?" Lev offered, and the girl smiled before humming.

There wasn't anything wrong with hanging out alone with Lev, right? It wasn't like they were dating. Besides, the two didn't know how to spend their remaining time before practice anyway. From the other side of the call, Lev was gripping the hem of his shirt in nervousness. He knew that he didn't exactly ask her out on a date, but being alone with her had him think of different scenarios that might happen. He was both excited and nervous.

"It's fine. Where should we meet?" Minari replied, smiling shyly as her cheeks were a bit flushed.

What am I thinking? Why am I blushing at the thought of Lev and I hanging out alone? Maybe because it's our first time hanging out alone? This is getting out of hand, I have to get a hold of myself.

The girl gripped on the hem of her shirt, looking down at her sneakers clad feet. She tried to think about it. Lev always made her feel like she was wanted, like she was some kind of girl who deserved to be loved and respected. He was so precious and kind, always lifting up her mood even though she didn't ask him to.