mechta [ two ]

[ TWO ]

[ TWO ]

Mornings weren't exactly Nase Minari's cup of tea. One has to wake up early, drag oneself out of bed, and then drown in lessons at school. Sometimes, one might even get scolded for staring at the ceiling instead of the blackboard, but can anyone blame a student for being so out of it so early in the morning?

Today wasn't an exception to her disdain for mornings. She had been up almost all night trying to think of good ways to help the volleyball club, so she didn't get enough sleep. She was, admittedly, grumpy that morning and her friends (Kuroo and Kenma) were very much aware of that fact given that she had been more silent than usual and responded less to Kuroo's series of questions. 

"Good morning, Minari!" exclaimed someone behind her, which caused Minari to flinch and then cover her ears at the sudden loud sound. She closed her eyes to keep herself from being too annoyed, after realizing who the person who greeted her was. 

She was just walking quietly towards her classroom after parting with Kenma and Kuroo, since they were in different years and classes. Usually, she'd be silent during those few minutes that she would walk to her own class, but it seemed like it was not the case that morning. Never did she ever think that her life would actually come to a point where Haiba Lev would disturb a morning of hers. Especially with such a loud voice.

"Haiba! You're being too noisy," said Minari, making Lev chuckle and then pout. "Please tone it down. It's still so early in the morning."

"You kind of feel like Kenma. Maybe because you spent most of your life with Kuroo and Kenma?" asked Lev, as he followed her deeper into the halls of the building. "I'm guessing you were closer to Kenma than with Kuroo, right?"

Minari wanted him to just get away for now, but she couldn't stomach it if she told him. She'd just feel guilty. After all, Lev seemed pretty innocent in her eyes. She didn't want his eyes being stained with something such as pain. Not that she assumed she had that effect on him, fully. Still, having to see a hint of hurt in his eyes would just make her feel like a bad person so she allowed him to ramble. 

"Yeah, I guess I did spend-"

"Why not spend your free time with me, too? Your weekends, your remaining time? Or we can go eat ice cream as we skip practice-"

Minari blinked rapidly, and before she could stop herself, she found her hand hitting the beanpole's arm since she couldn't exactly reach the back of his head. Eyes turning white because of the impact, Lev was stunned. Being a volleyball player herself, she just noticed that she hit his arm harder than she should have, so she muttered a quick apology to him. He, of course, didn't mind. But there was something that he was curious about.

Did I say something wrong?

"You can't just blurt that out! Go hang out with Yaku, practice your receives, or something. How could... How... Ahh!" Said Minari, confused about what else to say. Hearing him say those things casually stunned her. Can a person who recently met each other casually ask to spend more free time and weekends together like that? She wasn't sure if he was naive or simply oblivious.