mechta [ eight ]

[ EIGHT ]

[ EIGHT ]

"Please go out with me!"

Minari stopped in her tracks as a random first year confessed to her in the middle of the hallway. She was on her way to her classroom to fetch a forgotten pen since classes just ended, but this boy just happened to cross paths with her. It surprised her since it was so random, how did that person even know her?

Blinking rapidly, Minari didn't know what to do. Normally, Kenma and Kuroo would be beside her and fend off the boys nonverbally, but it wasn't the case this time. She was all alone and both older guys weren't by her side. It was a scenario that never happened before in the past, so the girl was clueless upon what to do. She didn't want to be rude to the boy, but she didn't know what she would tell him as well. Instead of replying, she was simply standing there, staring at the floor and contemplating whether to run away or not. 

"Damn, he's lucky Kuroo and Kenma from the volleyball club aren't around. They're always around her, it's pretty scary. They'd stare him down brutally if they were here."

"This guy has guts,"

"I like everything about you! Please-"

"Oi, you squirt, who told you you can confess to Minari? She's our lovely manager." a voice spoke behind Minari, making her widen her eyes.

Eh? He's right behind me?, Minari thought. When did Haiba Lev appear behind her? Last time she checked, she was walking alone!

There Lev was, wearing a black shirt and a pair of red shorts. He looked a bit scary staring down at the obviously smaller male in front of Minari, but it was already a known fact. Haiba Lev was pretty scary when he actually tries to be. Minari felt her heart skip a beat at the presence of Lev's serious side, and she couldn't quite explain the feeling. 

"So what?! I'm her classmate-"

"I confessed first, you dumbass!" Lev exclaimed, his expression turning into a very pissed one. The girl almost sighed heavily after hearing the words of the tall male, almost letting her jaw drop to the floor. 

And here she thought that Lev was about to say something as mature as she thought at once, like she doesn't look like she's ready for a relationship, she isn't looking for a boyfriend. Of all things he had to tell the guy, it was I confessed first, dumbass!

It didn't help that fellow first years near the hallway also started watching the scene. It made Nase Minari, for once, embarrassed. She never did like being the center of attention when it came to things like this.

"That's Haiba, right? From the volleyball club?"

"I saw his confession before,"

"Damn, this guy's in it for a treat, someone as tall as Haiba will be after him!"

Everyone turned silent for some reason, which made Minari furrow her brows and grip her skirt. The echoing of footsteps made everyone turn their heads towards its owner who was apparently approaching the scene. And there he was, Kozume Kenma with his poker face.

"Oi, Lev. Yaku's looking for you," Kenma said, and then turned to look at Minari. "Minari. Is this guy bothering you?"

Lev cursed to himself. Just seeing Kenma walking in like he was Minari's hero made him feel threatened for some reason. He was well aware that Minari might have a little crush on their pretty setter, but he wasn't exactly sure on how to make himself feel better about himself knowing that fact. It was so obvious that they had some sort of connection with each other, and here he was, just a small fly on their story. 

He knew that at the moment, Kenma had the upperhand. Kozume Kenma was the epitome of Nase Minari's ideal type, but did he want to give up right then and there? No.

"I'm fine, Kenma. Don't worry about me," Minari replied, smiling at him. "Uh, Ichigo, I'm really sorry but I can't accept your feelings."

She sighed, and then started following the two members of the boys' volleyball club after bowing at the guy who just confessed to her. She felt a bit bad for not accepting the guy's feelings, but she knew that it was better than leading someone on. It was the harsh truth about confessing to the person you like, it's not every time that the person we like will like us back. 

As the trio walked towards the gym, a girl rolled her eyes after watching Nase Minari walking with the two. She clenched her fists, glaring at the disappearing figure of Minari.

"Damn that girl. She said she wasn't interested with Haiba. But now she's just trying to get more and more closer to him. What a stinky liar."

As the girl started walking away, Minari looked around. She felt as if someone was watching her, but shrugged it off. Little did she know, a friend was now after her.

Lev noticed the slightly uneasy feeling Minari gives off but didn't mention it, just standing a little bit closer to the fellow first year. If someone wanted to mess with Minari, he knew that he never would let it happen without a fight.

After all, she was a part of his dreams. It might just be a silly crush for now, but he really wanted to get to know her more. Of course, only if she would allow him to.