mechta [ four ]

[ FOUR ]

[ FOUR ]

Their regular trip to the convenience store was something that they never skipped— Kuroo, Kenma, and Minari made it a tradition to drop by and get something whenever they passed by. After all, who wouldn't want to get a few snacks and refreshments after or before such a tiring day?

"Minari, would you prefer ice cream or yoghurt milk?" Kuroo asked, as the three were inside a convenience store once again.

His left hand was placed on the glass of the refrigerator, his other holding the strap of his bag. Kenma was picking some snacks a few meters away, and Minari was intently looking at the stock of yoghurt milk. There were various flavors available, and she couldn't think of which one to choose for that day. Ice cream was definitely out of the question because she didn't feel like it. Just a drink, she told herself, that would be enough for the day.

Most of the time, the girl would be the one asking the two to come with her to the convenience store but this time around, it was Kuroo. It wasn't like he had something he wanted to talk about, he just wanted to observe something that he had been suspecting for a while. That was something that he always was doing— scheming. Not that Kenma and Minari were unaware of that, it was just that they got so used to it that sometimes they just brush it off.

"Yoghurt milk, please," she replied, a smile decorating her lips. "Get me two of those."

She then looked down at her phone, scrolling through messages she received from earlier. Kuroo insisted on paying earlier anyway, so after she mouthed a quick thanks, she paid attention to her phone which had been vibrating since earlier. Strange, she thought, that every since she became the temporary manager for the boys' volleyball team, people have been contacting her more. Her teammates were messaging her and asking things involving the boys' volleyball club, and she wasn't sure if she was enthusiastic about talking to them again.

Seeing that she had a bit of time to spare, she clicked on one of the messages only to be confused about the context of it all.

From: Dana
Miiii! I heard you're the boys' manager now? Is your knee feeling any better? By the way, I saw that confession from Haiba! Do you like him back?

Minari raised her brows, suspicious of Dana's motives. Dana was one of her teammates, and she found it strange that she contacted Minari only now if her only motive was the injury. Why would Haiba Lev's confession concern her? She really didn't want to talk about the confession at the moment, but she needed to give a reply at least.

To: Dana
I'm sorry but I don't like him. Is there any reason why you asked? And my knee... not too painful and not too okay.

Sending the message, she lifted her head. Her eyes scanned the people passing by the convenience store out of boredom. When her phone vibrated again, she clicked on the message to check what it was.