mechta [ one ]

[ ONE ]

[ ONE ]

"No, but think about it. Why would I socialize?" She asked Kuroo, as they sat by the benches in the gymnasium. "I can live with just the two of you here with me. I'm alright with that."

With a sigh, Kuroo shook his head slightly while his eyes scanned the other students that walked past them. There was nothing more stressful for him than to be surrounded by two seemingly anti-social friends, Minari and Kenma. 

"I'm just trying to say... there are times when Kenma and I can't come with you to places you want to go to. There are times when you will be left alone, and I honestly don't think that I trust the people around you if you were to be left alone," Kuroo insisted, and Kenma's clicking on his Nintendo came to a halt. 

Kuroo Tetsuro was like a brother to her, and he made sure that he acted that part. Just like now, he was telling her that it would be better for her to socialize while she disagreed to that idea. Kenma was, on the other hand, her best friend. Whenever Kuroo's ideas were too much for her, or whenever she was getting tired of talking to people, just sitting with Kenma silently was comforting in and of itself. 

Truthfully, they were the only ones that she felt like were true friends to her. The three of them had a connection that she couldn't find with anyone else, and she wouldn't trade that for anything else. She knew, too, that without them, her social life was in ruins. She didn't have friends in her year, being a first year. Her friends were a second and third year, which was quite complicated if one would think about it. 

"I'm fine with that," Minari said. "I'm used to being alone these days."

"You're starting to sound like Kenma," said Kuroo, making her stifle a laugh and Kenma look up only to look back down to his game. 

"But there's no point in talking to others other than you two. Seriously," muttered Minari, and then sipped on her strawberry yoghurt milk. "I'm okay, you don't have to look out for me about that."

Kuroo sighed, trying to think of a way to get the girl to socialize. The reason why he wanted her to talk to other people was that he thought that he might be going busy once the matches are around the corner, especially after he graduates high school. Kenma and herself would be left in Nekoma, only to be drowned in comfortable silence that he doesn't find fun, if he would be watching from afar. Nase Minari was a first year student, and he was afraid that she'd feel distant and left alone once he and Kenma graduate in the following years. 

"The training camp is next month. You never got to see the other schools since you weren't allowed to. If you don't want to find friends, then be our manager, instead. I want to introduce you to Shoyo," muttered Kenma, as he harshly clicked on his Nintendo. His eyes then lit up, and Minari figured it was because he won another round.

Kuroo shook his head, smiling at the ridiculous idea. They never had a female manager like Karasuno and Fukurodani did, and having one seemed like an impossible thing unless... it was Minari.