mechta [ twelve ]

[ TWELVE ]

[ TWELVE ]

Lunch time, and Minari immediately went out of her classroom to meet up with Lev. Just as she walked out of the classroom's door, she was surprised when Lev was already there waiting for her. He gave her a smile so she did the same and then they started walking away. Of course, a few eyes were following them, quite curious about what was truly going on between the two.

The other students in their year started chattering among themselves, so the two tried ignoring them. Minari wondered, what was so interesting about them that they kept talking about the possibility of dating between the two?

"Are they going to eat lunch together? That just basically confirms the rumours,"

"They actually look good together, so what's wrong with it?"

"I heard that the libero of the girls volleyball club likes Haiba, but aren't they friends? Nase and that libero?"

Minari flinched at the last whisper she heard. She stopped walking which surprised Lev, so he furrowed his brows slightly.

"Is there something wrong, Mi?" Lev asked, looking into Minari's eyes but she looked down.

They were right. Dana did like Lev. But what was she doing? Wouldn't she hurt Dana's feelings by hanging out more with Lev? She didn't want to hurt her former teammate. Heck, they are classmates, of course Dana would see that Lev picked her up. What was Dana going to think about?

"I... I forgot-"

"If it's about the whispers when we were passing by, you can just ignore them, you know? Besides, I'm not interested in your friend. I made it clear to you that you're the one I like," Lev tried reassuring her, but she took a deep breath before looking up into his eyes.

"Not that... It's Dana." Minari tried to say, but Lev surprised her when he ruffled her hair.

"It's not your fault if you're the one I like. I don't know Dana. Don't blame yourself over things-"

"Hoho? Lev and Minari? Where are you two going?" a familiar voice said behind them, making both turn around to face the owner.

There, standing in front of them were Kuroo and Kenma. Kuroo had his arms folded across his chest while Kenma was busy playing a game on his Nintendo. As usual. Lev flinched at the sight of those two, afraid that they had something negative to say to him after being caught with Minari.

"Just going to eat lunch," Minari replied, "Let's all eat together, Kuroo."

Lev wanted to hide his disappointment. He wished for only the both of them to eat lunch together, but he realized that maybe he was rushing things. After all, Kuroo and Kenma were her friends before she even met Lev. He told himself that he had to be patient and that spending more time with them might help him know Minari more.

"Sure. If it's alright with Lev," Kuroo said, smirking at the skyscraper first year.

"Of course, captain!" Lev replied, so the four of them walked towards the cafeteria.

Kuroo started chatting with Lev so Minari went to Kenma's side and then smiled at him. Kenma smiled slightly before they walked.

"Wanna try?" Kenma asked, gesturing to his Nintendo. "The game was delivered yesterday."

Minari's eyes lit up and then she nodded, so Kenma gave her his device and demonstrated the controls to her. As the two laughed about Minari losing continuously, Lev eyed the two of them and then sighed. Kuroo smirked, patting Lev's back which surprised him.

"Kenma and Minari are really close," Kuroo said, and Lev nodded. "I used to think that they were in a secret relationship."

"Hahaha! Kenma, you idiot, you said this was to defeat the enemy! It said respawn!"

"Your fault for believing, idiot."

"You're calling me idiot? Kenma, I thought you loved me?"

"Just play."

Lev smiled slightly, also confused why Kuroo was telling him things.

"Minari, Kenma. Lev and I have to talk about something. Both of you just eat lunch together. Lev and I are gonna go," Kuroo said, and before Lev could protest, he was already taken away by the third year somewhere.

"Huh? Okay," Kenma said, so he led Minari away from the two.

Once Kuroo and Lev were out of Kenma and Minari's eyesight, Kuroo leaned against the wall and then faced Lev. The first year was slightly nervous, what did Kuroo want to talk about? Is he going to tell him to back off from Minari?

Students passed them but both volleyball players were too engrossed with their staring session to care. Kuroo had a lot going on in his mind but so did Lev. He was getting scared out of his wits because of the serious look on Kuroo's eyes.

"What did you want to talk about, Kuroo?" Lev asked, furrowing his brows slightly.

"Kenma likes Minari. And I was sure that Minari likes Kenma. But Kenma doesn't want to make a move or to even change anything. When I told him to ask her out, he said that he doesn't want to, that he just want to stay as friends despite liking her. Kenma said that he was rooting for you." Kuroo explained, shocking Lev.

He was confused. If he liked Minari, why did he want to give her up to him? Doesn't he want to be selfish and keep her to himself?

"Huh? Kenma said that? But why?" Lev asked, so Kuroo stretched his arms before sighing.

"He doesn't want a romantic relationship and said he was contented with being friends. I was originally rooting for Kenma, but when Kenma explained to me about why you suit her better, I just couldn't help but agree with him. I'm close with both of them so I like what's best for them. I only have one thing to tell you, Lev," Kuroo said, placing his hand on Lev's left shoulder.

"What is it, Kuroo?" Lev asked, his voice slightly wavering.

It felt like he was talking to Minari's older brother, that type when you're being introduced to the family. Kuroo had the aura around him that told Lev he loved Minari as a little sister. He gulped, and then waited for what the third year had to say.

"If you're really serious about liking her, then take care of her. Don't let her lose her smile again. I don't want to see her sad ever again. She's our angel. Guard her and her smile, Haiba, don't you ever hurt her. Or I swear, you'll never see another day."

Kuroo sighed, and then he walked away from the first year.

"Yes."