mechta [ fifteen ]

[ FIFTEEN ]

[ FIFTEEN ]

After walking in silence the whole time, Lev felt like he had to break it. The silence was suffocating and he didn't like to see Minari looking so conflicted over something that she never had control of. 

"Mi," Lev called, before the two entered the gates of Nekoma High School.

Minari halted her steps, her head still hanging low. The words of her former teammate sunk deep inside her head that she started to double think about her life choices. She didn't know if it was a good idea that she became the boys' manager and left her own team behind. If she didn't become their manager and didn't give up playing, will there be any changes? Will she ever not get Dana hate her to this point? If she just kept talking to just Kuroo and Kenma, will she not have someone hate her existence like Dana did?

If she kept to herself and stopped opening up to more people, will Dana be satisfied and think of her as a decent person? What was wrong with being friends with Lev? 

"I'm sorry, Lev," Minari started, biting her lip to keep herself from crying.

The feeling of being hated was something new to her, and she just realized how heavy it felt. She was used to people either not giving a damn about her or having friends who she knew had her back. The amount of time she knew, she always thought that the girl genuinely liked her and wanted to be her friend but it turned out that it wasn't that case. Dana secretly hated her existence, feeling like Minari is hogging all the spotlight.

Lev sighed, feeling his heart get heavy as he watched her be so down. He knew that she was starting to think about so many things at that moment, but he didn't know how. He wanted to tell her that it will be alright, but he also knew that those words alone wouldn't be enough to help her. He didn't know what to do, all he ever knew was that he wanted to get that sad look on her face away. It felt like his heart was throbbing seeing Minari like this. 

He then widened his eyes, remembering what Kuroo told him. Right. I shouldn't let her be sad again. I don't know what she went through before but I know that I don't want her to ever feel sad anymore.

"You don't have to apologize about anything, Minari." Lev said, smiling sadly which made Minari look up at him.

"But I hurt Dana's feelings all this time-"

"You didn't do anything on purpose, she felt bad all by herself and started turning it into hate. She was mad at you because she was jealous of everything you had. You were just living your life normally. You're not wrong about enjoying your life. It wasn't your intention to make her feel bad about herself," Lev explained, his fingers trembling as he nervously caressed her hair.

The dust of pink on her cheeks and her teary eyes made Lev feel uncomfortable. He wanted to wipe her tears away, tell her a bunch of other things but he didn't know if he was in the right position to do so.