mechta [ twenty four ]

[ TWENTY FOUR ]

[ TWENTY FOUR ]

The next day came by, and Minari decided that moping around won't help her and the team. There won't be anything good that can come up with brooding over her personal matters, she decided. She intended to show up on practice, since she was the manager. After all, being the manager, she shouldn't neglect her duties just because she broke up with her boyfriend who happened to be one of the players in the team.

Easy, right? Not really. Not really if he was your first boyfriend and you met him through the sport you both loved so much. Especially because she was the manager of the team he was a part of.

"Are you sure? You'll show up? We had fun at the girls' team yesterday," Dana asked, pouting.

When the female libero dragged her to their own gym the day before, Minari didn't have a choice but to play with them a bit. She'd lie if she said that she didn't miss playing. Although her injury was better than before she joined the boys' team as a manager, she was told that it wasn't certain she won't experience the same injury again if not worse.

To say that she had fun playing again was an understatement. It even helped her stop thinking about her situation with Lev for a bit. But during her time playing a friendly match with her former teammates, thoughts of rejoining the team visited her thoughts.

Minari sighed. She thought about showing up at the boys' practice or just watching the girls play but she decided upon fulfilling her duties as manager.

I'm a manager now, not a player. I have different duties now.

Also, she couldn't afford to make Coach Nekomata think she was like other girls who just wanted to be a manager to date a member of his team. It was far from what her intention was. She knew she'd never stoop that low.

"Well, I am the manager. I have to show up, Dana," Minari replied to her friend, shrugging.

Dana sighed, knowing too well what Minari was going to say. As heartbroken as Minari was, the female libero knew that something like a breakup wouldn't stop the girl from doing her duties. Minari was responsible, she knew it.

It was already lunch break, so they were on their way to the cafeteria to eat together. At least, that was plan.

The girls were surprised when Kuroo and Kenma suddenly appeared in front of their classroom, looking for Minari. Dana, reading the situation, just sighed and let the girl hang out with her childhood friends. She already told the girl what she wanted to say, anyway. There was no use trying to steal her away from her friends of an even longer time.

As Minari followed Kuroo and Kenma out, a deafening silence engulfed the trio. No one dared to speak, especially after what happened. The girl still hasn't explained to Kuroo, but she was well aware that Kenma might have already told the eldest of them three.