mechta [ twenty six ]

[ TWENTY SIX ]

[ TWENTY SIX ]

"I'm guessing that training went well yesterday?" Coach Nekomata asked, smiling at the first year manager as he and the other coach stepped inside the gym while she was analyzing their three-on-three.

Minari flinched, surprised at the sudden voice. She almost thought that the coaches wouldn't be around for another day so she let the team have three on three matches in turns. As the old coach sat down next to her, her eyes didn't leave the game one bit.

The preliminaries for the Nationals was nearing, so she wanted the boys to be at their best condition. Now that she managed to talk with Lev properly, less worries bothered her in her mind.

"I saw you figured what I did with you and Haiba," the coach started, which made Minari widen her eyes. "I just thought I'd test you two out. Preferably, I don't want any romance involving my team but I figured that you really are essential for the team. You can put him right back to his feet, you're the only one who can really tame him."

The first year manager fiddled with her pen as she tried to focus on the practice game in front of her. There was no way she didn't feel betrayed by the coach, but it was fine now that she had settled the situation.

But it wasn't that necessary, right?

"But I must ask a favour once again. Don't get back with him until the team earns their spot on Nationals. I'll allow you to be friends and be close with each other, but you know what we must do. They musn't get distracted because we need to focus on the road to Nationals," Coach Nekomata said, so all Minari could do was nod.

I believe him, and the rest of the team. They can do it.

"It's obvious that he has grown as a member of the team, but I think he still has to improve something with teamwork. But we'll get to that," Minari said, directing the conversation to the half-Russian's stats as a player.

"Yes. He still has a weaker link with the members unlike the others. It's not surprising since he's new, but we have to take care of that," the coach replied, nodding.

The game then came to an end, with Kuroo's three man team winning. Minari stood up and then passed around water bottles and towels for the team while the coach was eyeing the girl with a smile.

She sure had ideas that he liked. She functioned like an assistant coach, and as a manager as well. Thinking about it, the girl first almost declined the offer of being their manager for she was a player herself. But as fate liked to twist her fate around, she ended up entangling her strings of fate with the boys' team, holding everyone even closer.

"She'll be a great coach someday," the coach muttered, earning an approval from the other coach who stood next to him.

"Did you see my receives, Minari? Didn't I improve? I was better, right?"