34

"...Close.."

The hall was plunged into silence and darkness as Chan stepped of stage, in the small moment that he passed Jisung in, he gave him a head pat full of warmth and encouragement, Jisung managed to step onto the stage and sit in his seat with that gentle push,

but now he had another issue: any moment now the lights would come on and the music would start.

Any moment now, everyone would see him as he sat there, legs shaking in fear.

As if time froze he looked around in panic in the dark, whishing and whishing he'd never put himself forwards for this, whishing he'd never even considered it.

Whishing he hadn't asked Chan for help so that he wouldn't be letting him down.

Whishing this was just rehearsals

Whishing the crowd wasn't there

The crowd of 250 people that where all going to watch him fail.

Anything, anything to get away from this situation.

.

.

.

"Psst, Jisung.."

Was that Minho in the front row?

In fact it was, Minho had sneaked of to a reserved seat right after his performance, only stopping to wipe of his sweat and somehow in the dim barely lit wide space the two of them still managed to make eye contact.

And all Minho did was mouth to him "I believe in you."

That's all he did but somehow, somehow..

somehow everything was okay now.

Jisung felt the nerves flow out of his body like water pouring from a cup

Because the person he'd written this song about was sitting right in front of him telling him that he believed in him and in this moment he was the only person that mattered

Jisung, with a grin, settled in his seat and waited for the music to start.

Almost as if time had unfrozen itself the music began and the lights came on, reflecting gently off of Jisung's white outfit, he was bathed in the blue light and he leaned back in his chair beginning his song.

It started gentle but as the chorus kicked in he lept from the chair and was dancing around the stage, slowly with his encouragement the audience started to warm up a bit, several jaws hung open as a good half of the crowd was surprised at Jisungs talent.

As he came down to a softer part of the song the walked to the front of the stage and sat on the edge with his legs dangling of, swaying side to side, 

The audience brought out flashlights and started swaying along with him and in that moment he made direct eye contact with Minho and it was as if all the lights where stars, he smiled softly at Minho before getting back to his feet.

Close was a song written by Jisung just after that incident on the rooftop with Minho, It was when he was reminiscing back to the times that they where friends. The lyrics described how he wanted to get to know Minho more even if he was clumsy about it, the slight frustration at how long it takes to get to know someone and the need to be 'Close' to him.

Minho could understand what these lyrics meant and he understood the feeling also, he missed being with Jisung happily and carefree, He missed spending time with him like that and he hated that he had been the one that had ruined it.

I approach you without fear and ask you about yourself.

Just like Minho had approached Jisung to get to know him, not caring about the consequences that came with talking to someone like him.

I'm surprised for the feelings felt for the first time.

Ah. That was why he ran away from the kiss, because he was surprised maybe even scared of these new feelings.

My trembling voice, my awkward gestures

Talking to loudly for no reason again, even when you talk to me

I can only speak like this

Even if  I pretend to be bold

When I look into your eyes I still freeze

Because after all Minho had seen right through all of Jisung's bravado, he kept mulling over the lyrics until he was drawn out of his thoughts and was instead staring with his mouth wide open as Jisung hit a bunch of high notes leaving all of the audience slightly stunned.

He finished the song with energy and enthusiasm and then dropped back onto the chair in the middle of stage with a smile, panting very lightly. Once the light dimmed the audience was still cheering and Jisung dragged the chair of stage with a satisfied smirk.

"You did a good job." Chan looked at him with a warm smile and Jisung felt his heart in his chest swell with pride, all his hard work and effort had paid of and he was able to show some of his true colours to the world with energy.

 "Now why don't you go sit where Minho was."

Jisung was slightly confused at the instruction but he nodded and thanked Chan

He walked down the stage and out the backstage door as Chan stepped onto the stage to entertain the audience. As he made his way across the hall many girls winked at him so he awkwardly smiled at them and found where Minho had been sitting next to Seungmin,

"Where-.?"

Seungmin shrugged and patted the space next to him, "He just left but he told me to give you this."

Jisung sat and took the piece of paper from Seungmin opening it not really sure what to expect, though he was sure this had been planned at this point,

。o°✥✤✣✤✥°o。

I know I've done a lot wrong

and I'm not sure if this is a good enough apology

but I hope you can accept it

because ....

...

I do love you

I really do.

-Minho

。o°✥✤✣✤✥°o。

"The next performance is a song from Lee Minho.."

So y'all I won't be able to update this book for all of summer, there will probably be an update next week and then probably 0 updates for about six weeks, i'm really sorry   :(