I Tell People How I Feel

Denki's POV

"I'm gonna stop this right here," Bakugou said.

"Ahhh whyyy," I asked.

"Because," Bakugou said. "There are several things that aren't gonna get out just because you're tired and aren't thinking."

"I wanna know what he's talking about," Jirou said.

"I know what he's talking about," the black haired kid said. That was Dorobou, right? "Now I just know more about people."

"Kaminari," Midoriya said. "If you wanna, uhhh, come out about something, don't pull someone else out of the closet along with you..."

"Okay," I said. "Okay, I'm just tired. Not thinking."

"What do you mean 'pull someone else out of the closet along with you'? And the 'I'm also a lesbian' thing?" Jirou asked. "Jamming-Way are you-"

"Call me Denki, goddamnit," I interrupted. "I didn't change my name to be referred to by nicknames or surname."

I didn't realise my mistake until it was too late.

"Question not needing to be asked," she said. "Bakugou, Midoriya, everyone else, I'll take, uhh, Denki to bed. I wanna talk."

She pulled me up and we walked over to the elevator.

As we stepped into the elevator I said, "Okay, first things first. I apologise for anything I say right now. I'm tired and just not thinking."

"Hey," she interrupted as the elevator door closed. "Hey, hey, hey. I'm tired too. We've had a big day and I just wanna talk. I know what I am and I just want to know if you are too."

"Do you mean," I started, still not thinking. "Like, in love with you? Because I'm in love with you... are you in love with you too?"

"No," she said. "That's not what I meant-"

"oH," I said. "Do you mean in love with me? Because I'm in love with me. Are you in love with me too? Because I'm in love with you and I'm in love with me."

"Shut it Denki!" she exclaimed. "I'm trying to talk, okay?"

"Mhm," I said. "Being quiet."

"I'm asking if you're like me," she said, looking down.

"I don't know what you mean, but I'm trying to say I love you."

"That's sweet Denki," she said. "But right now I'm asking what you meant by 'I'm a lesbian' or 'I didn't change my name for no reason'. Because if you like girls, I- I'm not a girl."

"But it's not even about girls," I said. "Or boys or non-binaries or transgenders or anything. It's about you. I love you. Whatever or whoever you are. It's you."

———

🥺
👉👈