Chapter Thirty: Forever | ✔

March 1, 2019

"I should be back in a couple of hours, don't have too much fun without me," Rosalynna says, her mother decided she wanted to take her out with the babies to have a day together

"I should be back in a couple of hours, don't have too much fun without me," Rosalynna says, her mother decided she wanted to take her out with the babies to have a day together. She had gotten dolled up, hair curled and makeup done. She even dressed up the babies in matching outfits even though I always thought I would never match the kids' clothes.

I gave her a hug placing a kiss onto her soft cheek, "You don't have too much fun without me either." I watched her walk towards her mother's car and waited for them to pull off before closing the door. The house would be quiet but I hate silence so I turned on the television. Without three babies crying at the top of their lungs, I would get to relax. My day went on in the quietness but when I decided to drift off the doorbell decided to ring. The sound traveled around the home, ringing loudly. I guess she was going to be gone for a couple of hours.

"That was. . ." I stopped mid-sentence when I opened the door only to see Jaxon standing there. He had on a suit and tie, something I had never seen him in, "Jax hey dude."

"Hey." He said I opened the door more allowing him in.

"Are you here for Rosa?" I asked as I closed the door behind me.

He placed his hands in his pockets, "Yeah, and the babies too."

"She actually left with her mom, I guess it's girls and babies day but you can stay around," I say gesturing towards the living room, "have a seat."

"I can go, I don't want to interrupt your relaxation."

"It's fine, want a beer?"

"Yeah sure." He settled in on the couch, resting his arm on the side of the couch. Bringing back two beers the two of us sat down together just drinking beers and laughing. I didn't know much about Jaxon because I was never interested in knowing but sitting with him let me know he was now in the right headspace to be around again. He may be Rosa's ex but I trust her and I am secure enough not to get jealous. I laughed when Jaxon told me about a story with Ian, "My brother was a trip. I tell you, he was the nicest guy you could ever meet but, he was crazy."

"I wish I had talked to him more when he was here. He seemed really polite."

He glanced my way, "Yeah. I can tell you one thing though, he was madly in love with Lucille. He was head over heels for her. The type of love where just the mention of her name he'd be beaming," Jaxon sighed, "but love doesn't save you. That's why you have to love while you can."

I nodded, he sipped his beer, "I am sorry for what happened. She seemed off and I knew she was mentally ill, her sister told me. I just didn't think she would go to such great lengths to hurt Rosalynna."

"Sorry for what? What happened happened, it's life Rick. Hurt people hurt people and she was tired of hurting, anger does crazy things to people trust me I know." He says that's when I looked over at him. I hadn't even noticed the eye scar which says a lot considering it covered half of his face. He was sure good at covering it up.