Chapter Twenty - Five: Emotional Happiness|✔

Chapter Twenty - Five: Emotional Happiness |

February 1, 2019 ~ Nine Months

The heart-shaped top was white gold sparkles covering the top and just right under my breasts, the dress cascaded downward into white and gold hues

The heart-shaped top was white gold sparkles covering the top and just right under my breasts, the dress cascaded downward into white and gold hues. The maid Ricardo's mother brought with her tugged at my foot taking it into her hands as she gently slipped on golden flats that hugged my swollen feet. The makeup and hair was to come next, their hands grasped my face and hair gently as makeup was placed against my skin and my hair was being straightened.

I never thought my baby shower would be so put together, so calculated. I didn't think my hair would be all done up and I would be treated as if I were a queen, and I admit this made me feel good. But, what didn't feel good was I could give birth at any moment. My insides cringed just thinking about the painful experience that was going to be coming soon. I wish I could just go to sleep through the whole process and wake up when the babies were here.

When the makeup and hair was finished I examined myself in the mirror, the gold was the center of the look, sparkles were over my eyelids, to the side the gold went into a black wing. A gold tiara was placed on top of my head, "You look absolutely stunning," the familiar voice went into my ears causing me to stand up and turn in its direction. There stood my mother, her hair pinned into an updo, and her smile beaming. She walked over to me caressing my hair, she grasped my chin causing me to look at her, "I am so proud of you."

I laughed slightly, "For what? Being knocked up?"

"No, because somehow you got that wicked woman to throw you the most extravagant baby shower I have ever seen." Her eyes glistened as she fixed my tiara, "I'm proud of you for being an adult and facing this situation head-on."

"Thank you, mom." I say placing a kiss onto her cheek, "Is it really extravagant?"

"I'm not supposed to say anything but instead of a red carpet you have a gold one." My mother's face lit up in excitement, "It is so adorable but, let's go Cinderella." Her hands delicately wrapped into mine as she guided me towards the steps. A gold guidance led down the stairs, the sparkles glimmered with each step I took. Then there stood Ricardo, he wore a white suit with a gold tie, just standing there he seemed ten times more attractive. As he walked up the stairs my heart fluttered with each step he took. Standing next to me he enveloped my hand into his, my mom held onto my other with a smile on her face. They both guided me down the steps where I was greeted with belly rubs, smiles, and tight hugs.

Ricardo and I were guided to royal thrones next to each other, the plush seat almost made me fall asleep in the middle of Ruri's speech, "Hello family and friends, I am Ruri the mother of the handsome father to be, as you can see he gets his looks from someone," Ruri says gesturing up and down the sides of her gold gown. She may think her son obtained her dashing looks but in all honesty, he's lucky he didn't, "I am so happy you all could make it to the celebration of the triplets, yes I did indeed say triplets. There are three buns cooking up in that oven of the gorgeous young woman back there. We have refreshments along the back wall so help yourself, we also have plenty of games coming along, and a fabulous gender reveal that I created myself by paying someone else to create my vision. Anyways enough of my blabbering, let the fun begin everyone."

"Did I ever tell you how stunning you actually are?" Ricardo asked me as one of the baby games began. This one they try to guess how big my baby bump is and they tear off how much toilet paper they believe will fit around my bump, "I don't think I have."

"Stop flirting you two." My sister says approaching us with her tissue in hand, "Don't distract me either I might accidentally rip the paper."

Her wad of tissue was as long as me, "Oh come one Lia, there is no way her baby bump is that big." Mom commented, her eyes bulging out of her head, "Damn it I said, baby." Lia reached out her hand taking up two of mom's necklaces she had just gotten from my brother.

Rosalía began wrapping the wad around my stomach only for it to overlap three times before stopping, "Your stomach shrunk, that's cheating."

~*~

Pictures flashed in my face as Ricardo and I sat holding up the items given to us. Baby items filled each gift bag we had received plenty of items to go along with us on this journey. Everyone was smiling and laughing and enjoying this time, "One more gift." My mom shouts as she exits the room. Mom came stepping back into the room with another person. Jaxon. His eyes met mine, the look on his face unreadable as he made his way across the room to me with my mother.

Her cheeks were red with happiness as she held a small box in her hand. She stood in front of me while Jaxon gave Ricardo a handshake. My mother whispered into my ear, "This is your last gift from your father."

I stared at the box as it was placed into my hands. Last gift. I remember our other lasts like it was yesterday. Last hug, last smile, last 'I love you', and our last 'goodbye'. Two more months and it will make a month of not having my father here, "Are you okay?" I heard Jaxon say as he kneeled in front of me waiting for me to open the box. I nodded opening the white box his name written over the top. I held my breath as the top slipped open, "Rosa breathe."

I exhaled as the necklace came into view, one side held a photo of my father and I and another held his handwriting. A letter, "Why is it so small?" Tears fogged my vision, "I can't read it ma, why is it so small?" I question letting the tears slip. The room went stiff as my mom reached for the box unfolding a piece of paper, more tears crept down my face, "I'm sorry I'm just emotional."

"Don't be sorry," Jaxon spoke up, the room still quiet. I looked over towards Ricardo who was staring across the room. Across the room is where Victoria stood staring back at him.