Chapter Twenty - Nine: Slow | ✔

Chapter Twenty - Nine: Slow | ✔

February 28, 2019

"Love you with my mind

Deep conversation tell me what you want

Kiss you with my body"

Slow // Vedo

* w a r n i n g *

* w a r n i n g *

Babies change dynamics in everyone's households sometimes for the better and, maybe even for the worst but in my case it's for the better. Ricardo and I have just gotten closer through this entire experience especially with being new parents. Him getting up in the middle of the night was unexpected. I thought I was going to have to force him to do his part.

It was the complete opposite, he was the first to jump up at the screeching sounds of the newborns, holding them close even falling asleep in the nursery from time to time. His bond with the babies and I hate to say it but it was much better than mine with them.

Even our bond was weaker than his with them.

I wish our bond was equally as close which is why I asked Ricky on a date, the babies exited our house in their car seats, Ricky's family had decided today was the day for a date night to remember. A house all to ourselves, something we won't be having for a while as they grow older. We needed the time I reminded myself when they left. This would be the first time I was without them since they were born or at least had them more than just a room away. I had to jump at the chance when Ruri offered but, it's scarier than you think to give someone else the power to care for your child even if you trust them.

My body was filled with chills with each step I heard Ricky take down the stairs, his mere presence coming my way made me tense up. A red Versace robe was hooked onto his skin, the disappointment rose in me not being able to see his abdomen, "Did I not dress for the occasion? You said think of a slumber party."

I smiled at him shaking my head, "No, you dressed perfectly."

"So did you." He eyed me as he came close, my red robe hung onto me wrapped around my waist and my legs were on display. His body kept coming closer to me and my body became tenser, "You look beautiful."

"And you look handsome, now put this on," I say handing him a blindfold.

He scoffed, "A blindfold? Are your Christina Grey?"

"Put it on Ricky," I say smiling up at him.

He grabbed the blindfold from me saying, "Well I'd like to put you in fifty positions if you'd let me." I grabbed onto his hand leading him to where I had set up our little date. Rose petals laid over the living room couch, darkened covers laid over the white couch, red lights covered the living room.