Chapter Ten: What I Need| ✔

Chapter Ten: What I Need | ✔

August 4th, 2018

Three Months and Two Days Pregnant

It has been a little over a month since I brought up to Jaxon that maybe he could go with me to meet Ricardo and today they will meet. With Jaxon beside me walk down towards a park where Ricardo was sitting on a bench. Jaxon began reaching for my hand over and over as we approached Ricardo.

As we began to sit down across from Ricardo, Jaxon unclasps our hands, "Hi, how are you?" I say to Ricky with a small smile, he returns the smile all the while giving side glances at Jaxon as he answers that he is doing fine. Jaxon sits looking between the two of us.

As usual the silence crept upon us like a scary monster under a child's bed, "Would you like to introduce us?" Jaxon says from beside me as I stared at the lilac, sapphire, and even rose-colored flowers surrounding us.

"Yes I will, Jaxon this is Ricardo and Ricardo this is my boyfriend Jaxon."

"It's nice to meet you," Ricardo begins, he reaches his hand out to try to give Jaxon a handshake only for Jaxon to not even attempt to return the handshake.

I elbow Jaxon in his side causing him to move slightly, "It's nice to meet you too." Jaxon then takes Ricardo's hand, they then did a quick handshake.

"We need to get to the appointment." Ricardo says as he stands up, "Again it was nice to meet you."

"You too." Jaxon responds as Ricardo begins to walk in the direction of his car.

"Let's go." Jaxon states as he also stands up and starts to go towards the car with me following close behind him. I do not believe any of this was a good idea. On my part this was a bad idea. Ricardo being the respectful man he is even through Jaxon's rudeness, he still continued to smile and be polite. I can just tell Jaxon does not take any liking in Ricardo.

From experiences from the past when your significant other does not like someone you are also expected also not to like them, and that would be a problem because of the unborn baby.

"You don't like him do you?" I asked as we began driving down the streets. Jaxon didn't even respond to me, he just sat there looking through the window, "Jaxon please stop acting this way."

"Acting what way Rosalynna? You expect me to like your baby's father?"

"Jaxon the baby isn't even mine."

"From what Lucy explained the baby is from your eggs correct?" I sat in quietness, of course Lucy had to say something else to Jaxon, she is always stirring the pot, "Does a cat have your tongue?"

"No, I just don't get why you believe everything she tells you Jaxon."

"Because we barely spend time together so I haven't really been able to talk to you about stuff, I always have to ask her you know? And I believe what she's telling me because you all live together and she's your best friend. And you still didn't answer my question."

"Yes, the baby is from my egg but the hospital made an accident Jaxon. Nothing has ever gone on between him and me, I promise."

"Promises mean nothing Rosalynna." He began to say, "I just want to at least know what is going on with you and him, I am your boyfriend after all."

"Jaxon I'm sorry but you're not going to know every little detail, we just started dating and you can't expect me to let you in when you're coming at me aggressive and not talking to me first before you talk to her." I say, it felt like Lucy was beginning to tell him things that I didn't even want him to know. If her and I have a conversation it should be told to him without me knowing and I expected common decency for her to at least say something to me if that's what she's doing.

"I know I'm sorry, I just don't want it to feel like I'm out of the loop and sometimes that's how it feels. Can you just try and let me in sometimes?" He asked me.

"Okay." I respond pulling into Northern Brooklyn hospital.

"I'm going to wait out here until this is over." Jaxon says as we enter the waiting room his energy changed from when he was just trying to get in my good graces. Jaxon did not seem too interested with even being in the same room as Ricardo and I. I just simply nod as I follow Ricardo towards the back with Nurse Lisa.

As the nurse leaves us in the room painted with beige walls Ricardo speaks up as I began to sit down, "I don't like him."

"Jaxon?" I asked, this is not surprising to me, "Why not?"

He gives me a crooked look as if he knew why he would not like Jaxon, "He gives me a bad aura."

"He just has to warm up to you."

"Does he hit you?" He asked abruptly.

"Ricardo he has so many problems alright, today was just an off day."

"Like what Rosalynna?"

"Like schizophrenia and some sort of explosive disorder, so yes he is not always polite but he does have a lot of good days."

"You did not answer my question though, I said does he hit you."

"No he does not hit me, I mean maybe once he raised his hand at me it was --"

"Let me stop you there, he raised his hand at you that shows you he can easily hit you Rosa, I don't care if he has mental issues or whatever he should be taking medication for that. He should never raise his hand at you, I don't want my unborn child around someone like that, I don't want my child in danger."

"Ricardo he is my boyfriend you are going to have to understand that."

"You guys have been dating for like a month okay that relationship is not worth putting the baby in any type of danger even if he only raises his hand. You do know that contract I wrote meant a lot, you can go to jail for even breaching the contract Rosalynna."

"I am not an idiot Ricky." I say as I move slightly trying to get comfortable on the exam table.

"I know that okay I am just trying to tell you, this is for your safety and the baby's safety." He says his tone was firm and I could tell he meant business.

"He gives me the attention I need and want Ricky, it was just one off day you just have to give him another chance."

"I could give you that attention if that's what you need." He replied back, this kind of came as a shock to me.

"Ricardo do not start, you and I both know you are married and I have a boyfriend, this," I say pointing towards my stomach, "is the only reason you are even trying to get close to me." Ricardo gets out of his chair and comes towards the exam table.

"I will always be here for you even after the baby, I do not want you in a relationship where you are in harm's way."

"You don't have to lie to me." I say just as he inches his lips towards me, "What are you doing?"

He began to laugh at me, "You were gonna let me miss you?" He laughing a little too hard. Just then nurse Lisa walks in, "Dr. Cronin should be in here soon so while we wait I have to do some of the usual things we do such as recording your weight and measuring your abdomen again."

"That is fine."

Continuing on with measurements and when Dr. Cronin comes in we continues with blood tests and urine tests, along with another ultrasound. I could see Ricardo looking at me the entire time, from the look in his eyes I could tell he was thinking of something, whether it is good or not I will find out later.