Chapter Twelve: Broken Up |✔

"I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away"

Million Reasons // Lady Gaga

September 26, 2018

Four Months and Twenty-Four - Days Pregnant

Knocks on my door rattled me causing my glass of water to slip through my fingers, glass shattered against the hardwood floor, I dreaded this day. Two whole days of not seeing his face, his face of rage. The knocks got louder, I wanted to hide, I didn't want to answer the door, I couldn't face him. Maybe he would believe I moved away. I could call like four months down the road to say that I went on a vacation to Hawaii, nah unbelievable, "Rosa I heard you in there, please open the door." I hear from the other side of the door.

I go to open the door revealing Ricardo, he enters the apartment and says, "What was all that noise? Is Jaxon here yet?"

"No he isn't."

"You're ready for this?" He questioned as I went to grab a broom to sweep up the glass off the floor, he quickly took the broom out of my reach and began to sweep for me. "Always making messes huh?" He questions with a small laugh.

Today is the day I am ending things with Jaxon, whether it be something he wants or not. My family would be proud of me, especially my father. My father passed away not too long ago and today would have been his birthday, he would be disappointed to the max if I even decided to continue in this relationship with someone like Jaxon. My father always tried to show me how a man was supposed to treat a woman, even with the way he looked at my mother, you could tell he respected her in ways no other man possibly could. That is why I need to end this relationship, so I can gain my self-respect back and make my father proud.

"Yeah I think I am." I states as he gets the last of the glass off of the floor.

His smile beams at me as he says, "I am proud of you for doing this."

"Why?"

"Because, I know you truly have feelings for the guy and I don't know the intensity of your feelings for Jaxon but I know it probably is truly hard for you, " He pauses looking for my reaction, "I know how it feels to be in love with someone and have to let go."

"And how do you know that?" I question as he puts down the dustpan and broom, his smile falters when the question exited my lips and entered his ears.

His facial expression changed to confused at my question but then he answered with, "Victoria. That is how I know."

"That doesn't make sense, you're the one lying to her Ricky."

"How am I lying?"

"If you can't answer that yourself then you have serious issues." I comment, just as he went to open his mouth to respond back there was a knock on the door. Ricardo then just gave me a nod towards my room, "You know what to do if something bad happens alright." I nodded, I waited until Ricardo made it into my room and opened the front door.

"Hey, you wanted to see me?" Jaxon says giving me a quick peck on the cheek as he enters through my apartment door.

"Yeah, have a seat." I say walking towards my couch with him sitting on a recliner.

I didn't know how to start off a break up, I've heard so many crazy scenarios where exes start crying and screaming when they hear that it's over. I can barely handle myself being emotional let alone when someone else is being all cry baby on me. I'd probably just laugh anyways, it's a weird mechanism I have when faced with uncomfortable situations, "Rosa, did you hear me?"

"What?" I ask forgetting Jaxon was waiting for the words to leave my mouth.

"I know you called me over but I just have something to say," I sit silent, "look, we have been together for what three months?" I nod, the double date was almost three months ago, only two more days, but it's over, "And I have never put my hands on a woman in my life until now. My pills went missing and I lost it that's no excuse but I just I lost my mind and control and I apologize for everything, but,"

It's my turn now, he is about to make me feel bad for breaking up with him, before I can even do it so I stop him before he can continue,"Jaxon."

He interrupted, "No let me finish, I apologize but I don't think us being together is good for either of us, at least, especially with you carrying a baby, Lucy is still dating my brother so you may see me from time to time but hopefully we will be friends in the end of all this. I just need time to sort me out, my meds should start working and maybe we can start this up again." Meds. That's what he needs if he thinks he can flip this break up. And did he seriously ask to be friends after all of this?

"What meds are you on this time?" I retort, I didn't even want to acknowledge his easy let down, but is any let down really easy after all?

He reaches into his jacket pocket handing me a yellow pill bottle and a white and blue small box, "Read them for yourself."

I look down at what he handed me, one read Clozapine, and the other Asenapine. He had told me about these before, both used for schizophrenia one for bipolar disorder, "You really carry these around?" I question as I read the label of dosage, the bottle that was part of why druggies past their urine test at work was now filled with little white pills. I open the small blue and white box, out came a sheet filled with white pills also, the packaging reminded me of gum that you had to pop out in order to get to.

How did this quickly go from me breaking up with him, to him breaking up with me, to him and I having a decent conversation but about his medication refill?

"I lost them the last time I did, I just got them refilled a couple days ago, that's why I came over that day," he says he sighed, "but instead I attacked you instead of telling you the good news. I'm not a bad guy, and its not an excuse mental health is never an excuse to do shit like I did to you. Just wanted to let you know I deeply apologize, I should've gotten help and left you alone. I hope you can come to forgive me." I handed him back his pills, he stood up, "I think it's time for me to go. Your little friend is probably waiting huh?"

"What friend?" I asked him, did he hear Ricardo?

"He's literally standing right there but he tried to hide," Jaxon shakes his head going towards the front door, "See you around Ricky!" He exits the door without a response and closes it behind him.

"You idiot you were supposed to stay in the room." I say to him as he leaves his hiding spot.

"You two were quiet, I had to check on you. How did he take it?"

"You should be asking me how I took it. He broke it off with me."