Chapter Eighteen: Bury Her |✔

December 24, 2018

Seven Months and Twenty - Two Days Pregnant

It's been almost a month since Ricardo was given the divorce papers, his demeanor changed. He went from upbeat to cold. Maybe the divorce papers made him come back to reality, Ricardo thought by acting happier he would be happier and he isn't. He's sad to even look at, like he's in a daze, "Are you ready?" I question as he just stands there with a blank expression on his face. He nods his head not saying a word just grabbing his door handle, making his way to my side and opening the door for me. I give him a slight smile and exit the car. The chills ran up my sides as we walked towards the church where the funeral was being held. People outside focused their eyes on us, and Ricardo went stiff and stopped walking.

I reached out grabbing his hand, "It's okay, come on." He looks my way and then towards the church. He accepts my hand and begins to walk alongside me into the church. As we found a seat more eyes traveled our way. Whispers engulfed our ears, angered relatives, old friends, and people who were close to the deceased gave us death glares as if we weren't supposed to be there, as if I wasn't supposed to be there. Red hair quickly caught my attention as Victoria waved us over, I tapped Ricardo showing him Victoria was calling us over but he shook his head and kept looking forward.

As the service began I finally seen the casket, the casket was closed, not letting anyone get a glimpse of Lucille. Just seeing the casket brought back memories of shots being fired, and Lucille's body being taken out of my apartment covered with a bag. The service went on I got a glance at Leanne Justin, tears streamed down her face as she went towards the casket, she held onto the casket. She sobbed and fell to the floor, crying out in pain, pain that I wish never to experience. Victoria went towards her mother helping her off of the church floor. Her father Henry held Leanne up for support as she broke down again.

"This must be so hard for her," I whisper in shock as Henry helped Leanne get up to the podium to say her peace. If she is breaking down like this I can only imagine how Ian's mom reacted when they had to cremate him, those were his wishes without the closure of a funeral service. He would have tombstone but he didn't want to be buried in a casket. We all gathered together to watch Lucille be put into the ground. Luckily the cemetery was across the street.

Ricardo put a hand around my waist just as a woman and two other men came our way. The woman continuously frowns my way, "What are you doing after this?" She asked, her brown eyes still traveling towards me. You could tell she had been crying, her eyes a deep red and clouded as if she were going to burst into tears at any moment now.

"I wasn't going to do anything." Ricardo replies, his hand tightened around my waist.

"I was thinking we could have dinner at your place if that was okay with you." One of the men says, this one older with green eyes and red (but more orange than anything) hair. The younger man stood with no expression in his eyes, just eyeing Ricardo down the whole time.