Chapter Nine: The Truth | ✔

July 2nd, 2018

Two Months Pregnant

Two Months Pregnant

I followed the directions of the GPS, I got lost a few times. I went into an endless loop, seeing the same buildings, cars, and street names that should've been a signal I was going in circles but not for me. I called Ricardo multiple times before I finally found my way into the driveway of his breathtaking home. I stared at the home as I was buzzed through the black gates.

I park in front of the steps to the house, I didn't plan on being here long.

Sonogram in hand I knocked on the front door, out came Ricardo, "Hey come on in."

"This is a nice place you have." I say letting my eyes drift around the pleasantly decorated home, which his wife probably designed.

"Do you need anything, like water or something to eat?" He led me into what seemed to be the dining room, I took comfort on a plush chair.

"No thank you."

Awkward silence went up into the air, I didn't even know if I should start another conversation or just stay quiet, "So you went to see the little bean today huh?"

"Yes I did and she's doing really well, and I have a surprise." As soon as those words left my mouth I quickly remembered, the baby isn't mine. My heart ached even at the thought of not being around the unborn child. I'll admit I grew attached to the little bean sooner than thought.

"You don't know if it's going to be a girl. I think it's going to be a boy." He corrects me.

"I know." I responded, "I'm sorry. Sometimes it slips my mind the baby isn't mine."

"Its fine, sometimes I forget I'm actually going to be a father." He says grabbing an envelope off the counter, and sitting down in the plush chair to my right, "Did you hear the baby's heartbeat?"

"Yeah, they gave me a recording of the heartbeat and they put it into like a CD, but I think I forgot it in the car."

"Its fine, I'll get it next time." He says handing me an envelope off he had just grabbed off the counter, "Anyways here. It's forty instead of twenty." My facial expression must've given away the real question of 'Why?' because soon after he says, "I do not remember playing you last month, so just use the money how you want. Go buy yourself something or even buy something for the baby."

Just another way for me to get attached to something that isn't mine to be attached to. I want to be the one out buying little baby dresses (I am almost sure it's a girl). Every time I thought about having a little baby girl I thought about tiaras and playing dress up. I wanted to be good and married when I had children, that's why I saved myself. I had many temptations and I got so close to losing what I'd saved but it all came down to children. When I thought about having kids I wanted my family to be together like my parents were. Marriage always equaled togetherness and so did children, I wanted both of them at the same time, but you don't always get what you want.

"What was your surprise?" Ricardo found himself asking. I stood out of the plush chair, slightly lifting my shirt, "Your bump is finally here."

"Yeah at first I was just bloated, but the doctor confirmed that I have a little bump."

"You're only eight weeks right now though."

"The doctor said every mother is different and maybe our -- your baby is a big."

"I'm fine with you calling the little bean yours."

"I'm not, I'm already attached to the baby I'm not going to get more attached by calling the baby mine."

More awkward silence filled the space between him and I, "Do you want me to walk you to your car?"

"Yeah sure." Once again silence brewed between the two of us as we approached my car, him opening the driver side door for me (what a gentleman), and me getting in, "Thank you."

"No problem."

I then notice the CD sitting in the passenger seat and hand it to him, "Here's the first sound of your baby's heart beat."

"Thank you, I'll be at the next appointment."

"You're welcome, maybe you can even bring your wife."

I could tell by the change in his facial expression that I shouldn't have even brought her up, "I'll see but I do not think she has time."

"Well I'd like to meet her."

"That's fine." He responds, he reaches into the car to give me a light hug, "I'll see you later, be safe."

"See you later."

~•~

I walk into my apartment about to strip off my shirt when I noticed Jaxon sitting on the couch, with Lucy and Ian sitting next to him all cuddled up and close, "Hey guys."

"Hey baby." Jaxon and I have been dating for about five days, not even a week. Jaxon is the kind of guy who is really polite and I seen that in him after the first date and we decided that would be the day we say we started dating. Even into five days I can say he is exactly as Lucy had described him and even more than that he is a wonderful and caring person.

"I didn't know you guys were here I didn't see the car outside." I say to Lucy as I come and sit next Jaxon.

"I came in Jaxon's car."

Sitting next to Jaxon I look up at the Television screen, the Notebook playing in front of me. I rest my head on Jaxon's shoulder as Allie and Noah go towards the ocean.

"Can we talk?" I hear Jaxon whisper in my ear.

Going into my room I close the door behind me, "What do we need to talk about?"

"I'm going to be honest, Lucy told me we should talk about something dealing with a guy named Ricardo." He states as I sit down on my bed while he sitting on a computer chair and rolls in front of me.

"Of course," I chuckle slightly, I knew she would be the one to bring it up to him, I knew she would just run her mouth, "Ricardo is the father of the baby I'm having for him."

"So you're just a surrogate?"

"Yes that is all it is, I never even knew of him before this."

"So you never had a romantic relationship or even slept together?"

"No we haven't. You know what I have nothing to hide, you can come with me the next time I go to see him."

"Really, like you wouldn't be uncomfortable?"

"No I wouldn't be." I say as he scoots even closer to me placing his hands on my thighs, "Give me a kiss."

I lean down a little placing my lips onto his, I hope the two of them (meaning Ricardo and Jaxon) could get along just fine. The two of them will be in my life for a while unless Jaxon and I break up and I need the two of them to at least not be giving off bad vibes when they are near each other.