Chapter Seventeen: Stay |✔

November 26th, 2018

Six Months and Twenty - Four Days Pregnant

Ricardo had been released from the hospital today, and Victoria decided she was going to move out. She wouldn't communicate with Ricardo but she said enough when she came to Ricardo's home with boxes in hand. She had driven us to his home today -- one of the most awkward car rides in my entire life. Ricardo sat on the steps leading to the house as he watched Victoria walked in and out of the home with boxes. He stared down at his shoes as his maid comes outside taking Victoria's boxes to her car, "Raven."

"Yes?" She questioned walking back towards Ricardo.

"Uh you are no longer my maid. You and Logan can stay but I don't need a maid." He spoke still eyeing his shoes.

She began, "But I --"

"I will still give you pay. You can still stay in the guest houses in the back." She goes to pick up another box, "That means stop picking up her shit and do what you want."

Raven nods and goes back into the house when I say, "She must have really gotten to you."

"Maybe she did but at least she made me realize I am becoming a father, that I need to get my prioritize straight, I can't even take care of myself now I have three humans to take care of now."

"If you have the money for it then why wouldn't you use the help you can get?"

"Rosalynna I have always told myself when I have kids I want to do better than my parents every could," he sighs, "and having a maid or a nanny or whatever you want to call it, is exactly what my parents would do."

I watched as Victoria grabbed the last of her bags, the hurt etched on her face as a few tears slipped out from her eyes. Victoria is a nurse and businesswoman, she doesn't need Ricardo. She's successful on her own and I admire that about her. Some girls don't have that going for them, sort of like me but one day I'll get there.

"I'm going to go to Los Angeles on a business trip. I'll be back in time for the funeral, my mom wants both of you to come." She says more tears coming down her face, I feel for her, her sister just died and her heart is hurting right now. I know because I've been through that hurt, I've been through losing someone so close to me.

Ricardo just sat there with a blank expression on his face, not saying anything. So I speak up, "Have a safe trip."

"Have a safe birth." She says wiping away her tears, Ricardo as if still in a trance walks over to her and holds her tightly. And not saying a word, walks into the house. Victoria gives me a slight nod as if saying goodbye and gets into her car.

Going into the house looking for Ricardo I'd found him in the kitchen, staring into the refrigerator as of something would magically appear, "Staring at the refrigerator isn't going to help. When's the last time you went grocery shopping?"