Chapter Sixteen: Victoria |✔

November 25, 2018

Six Months and Twenty - Three Days

Victoria eyed me down as she came closer to her husband, she gave me a light shove causing me to move over slightly. I was in shock to see her again after three years. Lucille and Victoria may be fraternal twins but they surely do show some of the same personality at times. Something that shocks me though is the fact that Lucille could even somehow mask her blunt personality.

We had been close friends for well over a year now and I just couldn't grasp the idea that she was so good at pretending to like me. In shock I just stand there watching her caress the side of Ricardo's face, a ping of jealousy hit me all at once as she looks towards me, "I know you from somewhere." She moves slightly closer to me eyeing me down examining my facial features, "We went to Midwood together didn't we?"

My mouth couldn't get the correct words out, "Uh, we, sure, um."

"What?" She questioned, her arched eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Yes we went to Midwood together." Suddenly I could speak again, my hand reached out to shake her hand as if we had just met for the first time, "I'm Rosalynna."

Victoria's facial expression changed into somewhat of a scowl, "Yeah I remember who you are." She stepped back the malice showing through in her tone, "You're the reason all of this happened in the first place." I didn't speak up, "Why are you even here? If I were you I wouldn't even show my face anywhere? You do understand two people are dead because of you?"

I kept having to remind myself that she had lost her sister, someone she couldn't get back. I didn't want to explain the fact that this all happened over a guy three years ago, a grudge Lucille held onto, and a big scheme Lucille thought she would walk out alive in the end and I would walk out in a body bag.

"Two people are not dead because of me, I wish you were there to know that yourself," She was going through pain and I don't know why but I felt like I was holding onto too many secrets, "And I'm here because I am carrying Ricardo's babies." Her face showed her surprise, sorrow filled her eyes. Just as she was about to open her mouth to speak coughing erupted through the chilling air of the hospital room.

She slowly took her eyes off of me and her attention went to the now coughing and alert Ricardo, "Hi baby." She says to him now attentively watching him, "Can you go get the nurse?" She asked me, not even looking my way. I turned going out of the room to get a nurse to tell them Ricardo had just woken up.

"Hello I see you're awake." The nurse says as both of us enter the room, "Would you like some water?

"Yes, thank you." Ricardo croaks out. Silence took over the room, I sat on the couch in the room as Victoria sat on the edge of the hospital bed, her hands covering her face, "What's wrong?"

"Ricardo you know what's wrong, but I want you to get better before we even talk about it." Victoria says, sniffling. Ricardo's eyes traveled my way his eyes traveling to my stomach and then to my face, he mouthed something but I didn't even want to respond. The nurse comes in giving him water, checking his vitals, asking about pain in his abdomen, and telling him when he will be discharged.

"You may be discharged tomorrow if you aren't in any pain, and if the stitches from your surgery still look up to par without any infections. If you need anything you can use that remote and press the red button and I will be right there."

"Okay, thank you." Ricardo says, the nurse exits and we sit there again in silence, "Look Victoria I know you're probably in pain because you lost her, but --"

"You were in there when she died, weren't you?" She looks up to ask him, "Why didn't you save my sister Ricardo?" Her voice had a malice in it that was ruthless.

"Victoria, your sister stabbed me." He moves to get a better look at her, "I was losing blood I couldn't get up."

"I don't believe that Ricardo, my sister may have hated that worthless bitch, " she says, pointing my way quickly, "but she would never just go after you or anyone else and you damn well know that."

"But she did Victoria. She was a different person than what you know her to be. She went on a rampage and didn't care who she hurt. She hurt Ian, she nearly killed me, and she probably took Jaxon's eye out." He says, he seemed like he was getting more frustrated trying to reason with her.

Victoria gave me the side eye as she responded, "Ian is actually dead Ricardo and it is all because of this stupid girl you decided to have an affair with."

"Affair? We didn't have an affair." Ricardo says quickly glancing my way.

"Ricardo she is pregnant I'm not stupid." She stands up, the hurt showing through in her eyes.

"She is my surrogate Victoria, we are not having an affair. I am not cheating on you."

"You got a surrogate? Do you think I'm stupid?" The tone in her voice began to soften little by little, "Be honest."

"She is, we have contracts drawn up and everything." He starts to feel for his side, it seemed like he was starting to feel the pain.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You can barely take care of yourself Ricardo, you have a maid and a butler to do shit for you. What are you going to do next, get nannies?" She shook her head,"And what about me Ricardo? What about us?" Her lip began to tremble as tears slipped out of her eyes, "I'd rather you have an affair."