Chapter Twenty - Eight: Here | ✔

February 18, 2019 ~ Four Days Old

"And I think about you all of the time

And I can't get you out of my mind"

You Might Be // Star Cast

My baby girl snuggled up to my chest instantly when I picked up her small body

My baby girl snuggled up to my chest instantly when I picked up her small body. Her light curls stuck to her tiny forehead as she fusses and cries slowly went away. Months and months of waiting for my babies and she was finally here in my arms, her light breathes on my bare chest for skin to skin. This is the part I was looking forward to, little moments where I would never want to let her out of my arms, the part where I can speak to my babies outside of the womb, "Hey baby girl, daddy is here and I am your protector. These two schmucks may say they will protect you and they will but me, I'm the alpha. I will -"

"Ricardo we're not werewolves," Rosalynna says beside me groaning in discomfort as she moved her bed upwards. We had been stuck here in this hospital for around four days and counting, Rosalynna is not one to follow instructions and the doctors were learning that with every stitch that popped. Rosa is a stubborn woman, the doctors and even I tell her to try to rest and she moves ten times more than recommended, but then she gets surprised when pop goes the weasel. Baby girl had finally drifted back off into sleep so I placed her into the baby bed. Right now was not the best moment but I felt there was no other moment to do this but now. I couldn't let the words come out of my lips while I sat on Rosa's bed. Not because I was scared - okay maybe I was the least bit worried about hurting her but my eyes stayed on the mahogany wood floor, "What's wrong?"

"While you were asleep I went to see Victoria, you know they had her on watch and bed rest." My eyes finally met her, her delicate eyes, her soft hand grasped mine, "Well when I went to see how she was doing she was being induced and the last time I checked on her she was pushing the baby out." She looked at me with confusion, "I had to stay outside though because her so-called baby daddy was there and she didn't want me to meet him yet. Anyways the point is I want to go see the baby just to be sure you know, that she isn't mine. And I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be a problem if I went to see her."

"Of course, go see your child. I'd never hold you back on that. But did they bring in our copy of the birth certificates?" She says to me using the side of the bed to sit her up straight all the way. Surprisingly Rosa came up with some pretty nice names by herself, I never even thought of anything because I was too wrapped up with unnecessary things, unfortunately.

Signing the birth certificate had to be the easiest part of the triplets arriving but I had a feeling that this next process wouldn't be as easy as just signing papers

Signing the birth certificate had to be the easiest part of the triplets arriving but I had a feeling that this next process wouldn't be as easy as just signing papers. I would have to see a baby that had been supposedly mine and then not mine and then mine again. I totally see why my parents have always urged me to stay away from being promiscuous. I knocked twice in Victoria's hospital room hearing the "Come in," before entering. Victoria was trying to adjust the baby onto her breast, it was probably time for the baby to latch on. Her face was hidden, all I could see was her strawberry blonde hair. I hate that I am even trying to see what this baby looks like right now, she could have blonde hair, brown eyes, and she could still be mine. Victoria's mom has strawberry blonde hair and so does a lot of my other family members, what I am trying to say there is a large genetic pool this baby could come from. Yet here I am trying to examine her like a piece of food - maybe not the best reference but that's how I felt.

"Hey," I say sitting in a seat not too far from her bed. The television played the Simpsons above her bed in the front I guess so she doesn't have to strain her neck. The baby sky-blue cloth seat was enough to make me want to fall asleep right here and right now, something I knew I wouldn't be getting much of in the future. "Has she been fussing?"

"Not really, she's actually a chill baby so far. I know it won't last forever." She says sighing with a slight smile. She moved the baby away from her breast and then covering it up, "How does it feel to be a dad of three?"

"I can feel the pressure on me already." I say leaning back into the chair, "My baby girl doesn't stop crying and fussing. The boys are kind of chill though." I hated the way that sounded as the words left my mouth.

"Do they look like anyone yet? When I was a baby I looked like my great-grandma." See the genetic pool I was talking about.

I had to think about who the babies looked like, "I think Enrique and Ansel look like my grandpa which is crazy cause he passed away when I was eleven. Valentina looks like Rosa's dad. I've seen pictures of him and she is identical."

"What kind of triplets are they anyway? Like all identical?"

"Our doctor explained it as like you have two zygotes like eggs fertilized by sperm and then one splits and makes the third one which makes them identical, so we have the boys being identical and the girl being fraternal. If that makes sense." She smiled my way I couldn't help but think of the baby in her arms, "Can I hold her?" She nodded and I got up making my way to the tiny baby in her arms. The baby had been early but she still looked really healthy, her body was placed into my arms. I moved back sitting back down into the chair. I just looked down at the baby until Victoria finally said, "She's not yours' Ricardo."

"She looks just like me," I say taking a good look at the baby trying to study her facial features.

"Ricardo she looks like no one right now, but I know who her father is we had a DNA test while she was still in the womb." She says now watching me, "I think you should leave."

Leaving her room I felt sort of relieved, I can and will be able to focus on my little family.