Chapter Eleven: Promise |✔

September 24, 2018

"You said that if I keep it real with you, you'd keep it real with me but every time I do you always seem to flip on me"

Tru Sh*t // Jacob Latimore ft. Trevor Jackson

4 Months and Twenty - Two  Days

4 Months and Twenty - Two Days

Just as Ricardo thought Jaxon has become increasingly worse. I had started classes again last month, I am an English major with a minor in Psychology so the workload was about to pile on. Jaxon would take me to the store sometimes to get me snacks while I study and write out coursework.

But somehow going into a store was even a problem with him. I pay for my chips saying, "Thank you," to the cashier as he handed me a grocery bag with my chips inside. Jaxon yanked the bag out of my hands as we walked through the slide doors of the store. Getting into the car I say a simple, "What is wrong with you, what is your problem?"

"You flirting with a random cashier is the problem Rosalynna." He says slamming the car door.

"I just said 'Thank you', I don't see the problem."

"Shut up Rosa, I'm not stupid I seen you and I watched you bat your eyelashes at him."

"What are you talking about?"

In one swift move my face was being pummeled, one hit after another, "Don't question me!" He then picked me up out of my seat as I tried to protect my protruding stomach, quickly shoved me into the back seat and began to drive off towards my apartment.

Just thinking about that day gave me chills, seeing how his switch could just flip in one second scared me to death. I don't know why I was putting up with this shit though. You'd think getting hit once would be my last straw, my ex really messed me up. Maybe I needed therapy.

As Lucy and I watched Family Feud with Steve telling short jokes as Lucy shouts answers at the television. Lucy is never the kind of person to be able to guess correctly during this show so of course I am laughing my ass off. I had not even noticed that Lucy had gotten up until I felt a splash of water on my face.

"Oh it is so on." I say getting up grabbing a water gun from a few trips to the swimming pool. Spraying back and forth until I emptied my water guns I went to get more water only to turn and see Lucy had probably went to hide, "You are really hiding from me Lucy?" I heard her laughing as I approached her room but out of nowhere water was dripping down my neck, again and again I was bombarded by water spraying in my face that is until she was out of water, as soon as she realized she was out of water I attacked her with water. Her straightened hair curling into tight locks I began laughing as she wiped water off of her heart shaped face, she was laughing too even though I had ruined her three hours of hard work. She was still learning make up so she had a long process that she went through. She looked towards me about to come at me when she went silent. She stared at my face as if she were in a trance.

My hands went towards my face going towards the nearest mirror. My makeup ran down my face leaving recent purple and blue bruises exposed to the chilled air of my apartment.

"What are you guys doing in here, there's water everywhere in the living --" Jaxon says entering the room until he seen me, his face wearing the same shocked expression as Lucy's. He came towards me causing me to almost flinch away, his hand firmly gripped my waist, "Sorry you had to see that Lucy." He pulled me towards the restroom, "What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't she did it out of nowhere Jax."

"Are you trying to have people think I hurt you?" He seemed quiet as he helped me take off the now runny makeup.

"No."

He grabs my chin gently, "I am not stupid but you ever do it again and I will hurt you." I stay silent, "You have nothing to say?" He asks as he grips both sides of my face, forcing me to look him in his eyes.

"I'm sorry it won't happen again."

"You're damn right it won't." He says as I dry my face, and grab the makeup to cover my bruises once again, "If I ever hurt you, I'm sorry." I just nod. Wrong answer, he picks me up, drops me onto the toilet, closed the door behind him saying, "You are really funny you know." He snickered at me as I flinched away, "You think I'm going to hit you?"

"No Jaxon, can I just --" I whimpered as my syllables jumbled together when the taste of crimson blood flowed onto my tongue as he smacked my mouth.

"You got what you wanted." He whispers before hitting me again, I held my hands in front of me only for him to grab both of my wrists in one of his hands, using his other to continue to hit me, he leaned in next to me whispering into my ear, "And if I ever hurt you, it is your fault. Remember that."

I held my breath not trying to say anything to provoke him as he exited the restroom, leaving the door open I heard him and Lucy have a short conversation, "Damn Jax next time," she started before she started trying to whisper really low I couldn't hear anything anymore. I heard the front door slam shut. I let out breath as I sat on the toilet with tears coming down my face. I stood up examining my face in the square mirror, I wiped my face of the tears, dried my face, spit out blood, and was about to apply my makeup when an unexpected Ricardo walked into the restroom.

"What are you doing here?" I asked picking up my primer, I now have to do my whole face of makeup considering now there is now fingerprints and hand-prints all over my face.

"We were supposed to meet at the doctors today and Lucy texted me saying you have to cancel, I came to check on you." He closed the door behind him.

"I don't need you to check on me."

"I know, but I wanted to."

"Go home and check on that wife of yours."

He chuckled, "Don't do that. Don't flip the attention onto me." He came closer finally getting a look at my face, "I wasn't going to come in here at first I was about to leave until I seen him."

"Then leave, act like you didn't see him." I say about to do my eyebrows when he grabbed my wrist, "Let me go."

"Look at me Rosa." He says calmly, "Please."

I nod, turning my body in his direction, looking into his rounded eyes full of swirls of brown and a deep green, "What do you want Ricardo."

"I want you to break up with him Rosa."

"Well that's not your choice Ricky." I say now facing the mirror once again.

"Look at your face Rosalynna," he commands as I finish up one eyebrow, "Look at what he is doing to your beautiful face."

"The only reason you even care is because of the baby Ricardo."

"That's not true, I care about you. And you know what, think about that child you have been jeopardizing every time you come in contact with him. I can put you in jail if my child is harmed in any way Rosa." He says turning to leave the restroom.

"Is that a threat?" I question not expecting him to answer.

He paused in his spot, "No, that was a promise."