Chapter Twenty: Birthday Shenanigans |✔

Chapter Twenty: Birthday Shenanigans|

December 25, 2018

"So cover your eyes, I have a surprise, I hope you got a healthy appetite"

~Katy Perry // Birthday

Seven Months and Twenty - Three Days

"Come on Rosalynna." I hear Ricardo say, I had been waiting in my room for over two hours because he wanted to have this so called surprise ready for me. As I got closer to the stairs Ricardo came closer to me putting a blindfold over my eyes.

"This is not Fifty Shades of Grey, Ricardo take this off of my eyes." I say trying to lift the blindfold off of my eyes before saying one of the similar threats my parents would give when I'd act out, "If I fall down these stairs I will kill you as soon as I recover, then revive you and kill you all over again."

"You sound like my mom now be quiet, I got you." He says placing my hand into his as he helped me from falling down the steps. With each step my heart jumped thinking I'd fall, and no it was not because of the blindfold either but because even when I walk down these stairs by myself there is a fear of just tumbling down like a bowling ball. Finally we reached the bottom of the steps as Ricardo guided me through the house, he sat me down on what seemed to be a chair in the dining room, soft and comfortable I adjusted to the seat and began to relax, "You can take off the blind fold." Ricardo tells me.

I slowly take off the blind fold trying not to completely make my curls stick up from everywhere like I had rubbed a balloon against my head. Opening my eyes the table in front of me was lit up, a cake with candles, balloons and presents sat on the table. The cake in the shape of a large heart, blue whipped icing outlined the cake, and little hearts were also placed on the cake, "This is so cute, thank you, you didn't have to. Do I just blow them out so we can eat it?" I question as I eye down the cake, my mouth began to water.

"Yeah you can."

Just as I was leaning to blow out the multiple candles song started to erupt in my ears, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, " the familiar voices stopped me before I blew out the candles, looking up I almost cried seeing the faces of my mother, brother, sister, my nephew, Raven, and Logan.

"Make a wish." My mother, Allison says to me with a smile attached to her lips. Blowing out the candles I just wished for happiness, that no matter what happens after this pregnancy I would be happy that everyone would be happy. I got out of my seat when I finished, giving my mother a hug, holding her close as tears began to fall down my face. I missed my mother more than anything in this world, and this surrogacy helped me pay for her surgeries to keep her in this world.

"I missed you," I whisper to her as she lets go of me.

My mother's hand traveled to my round stomach causing kicks to flutter in my stomach, "Woah they must like me." She comments when she stops rubbing my stomach I turn to my sister Rosalía who opens her arms to me, I hug her tightly as my nephew Daniel hugs my leg. Letting go of her I lean down giving Daniel a kiss on his forehead.