Chapter Twenty - Three: Testing |✔

January 14, 2019 ~ Eight Months and Thirteen Days

"'Cause I know that you're living a lie

 That's okay baby 'cause in time you will find"

~Justin Timberlake // What Goes Around Comes Back Around

I adjusted the maternity dress that was affixed to my body, my stomach had grown and my maternity clothing began to not fit the way they used to

I adjusted the maternity dress that was affixed to my body, my stomach had grown and my maternity clothing began to not fit the way they used to. I peered into the mirror thinking of the way my body would've been right now if I weren't pregnant. The flat stomach that had adorned my body months ago had been long gone, my stomach now had signs of stretch marks. I gently caressed my belly, I will miss this when it's gone. I have developed an attachment to the huge roundness on my midsection, "Do you do this all the time?" 

"Do what?" I question, as I look at his long figure from the mirror. He leaned against the door his hair combed over to the side, and a suit covered his skin.

"Sit there and stare at yourself in the mirror."

"I'm not sitting, and maybe I do." I mumble now turning to look at him, "You look nice what's the occasion?"

He sighed, "It's not a good occasion. I'm getting divorced."

I sat on my bed, my feet had begun to cramp from the excessive standing I'd been doing. His facial expression showed the sadness, his forehead scrunched up. He knew this was best for him, but I could tell he didn't want to be nineteen going through a divorce and become a new father at the same time, "I thought you wanted to get a divorce."

"I do, it's what's best." He entered the room fully sitting next to me, "It's just odd," he whispered softly, "I'm getting a divorce, Rosa. I'm nineteen and getting a divorce.  And I'm going to be a dad," he scoffed as his frown was replaced with a small smile as his hands went towards my stomach, "I need to cut ties with her in order to continue this journey."

"You can't cut ties with someone who's having your child."

"Stop saying that," he scorned his hands left my stomach, "she is not having my baby."

"How do you know that?" I inquired. 

"I just have this gut feeling. She has to be lying." He shrugged as he rubbed his temples as if this was frustrating him. 

"Are you sure you're ready for a divorce though?" I question as he leans onto my bed, "And what are you going to do if she is having your child?"

He grabs a pillow placing it over his face as he groaned, "No matter how old you are, I don't think you're ever ready for divorce. I didn't think far enough ahead to even prepare myself for if the baby is mine." 

I never understood that myself, why women cheat. Especially if there is no protection involved, then a baby gets involved. Women always have the benefit to know that a child is there's but it leaves people like Ricky in a bind. A bind that leaves a helpless child without a father until further notice, "I want to go with you when you get the divorce."