Small World

TIANA

Finally, Erin brings her ass to my hospital room. I was pissed off to no end. She was supposed to be by my side the whole time. I'm supposed to be waited on hand  and foot and all she's done lately is ignore me and treat me like shit. The whole time she was in the hospital, she's been trying to be helpful, but I can't shake off my shitty attitude. I was really getting tired of Erin's shit. I already had a feeling she was cheating on me, I just didn't have proof. Yeah, a bag of roses and romantic shit has disappeared,  but who is to say they were for me in the first place? Did I really wanna raise a baby with this bitch? I left Gwen.... for THIS?

Just then, I felt another contraction. 

"AH!" I screeched. Erin quickly asks if I was alright. I only breathe rapidly in response. I wasn't even interested having any conversation right then.

The only thing I remember is feeling like I had to poop.

"AUGH!!!" I pushed.

I was squeezing the hell out of Erin's hand. I was sweaty as hell. I had to be pushing for a good ten minutes.

Then, I heard crying. I can't believe it.... Pierce was here. He was finally here.

I didn't know how to feel. Of course I was happy he was finally here, but.... I didn't get to share this moment with my parents or my best friend. I immediately felt bad for Pierce. He wouldn't be able to see his father, he was at risk to be made fun of later in life for having two moms. Only now, I didn't know who that second mom was going to be.

I remember holding him for awhile and Erin gushing over him. "Hi, Pierce." I said to him. You could definitely tell he was my son. I even saw Marcus in him. He had my eyes, but Marcus' ears. He had my nose and my mouth, but Marcus' same head shape. I still hated what he did, but I wasn't so angry about it now. I have a baby now. I didn't need to be focused on any of these women out here. I was responsible for another human being. Then, they whisked him away to clean him up.

After that, Erin was actually crying happy tears. I rolled my eyes.  When you really dislike someone, everything they do annoys you. I didn't feel like arguing today, though. My son is here, and that's all that matters. Fuck Erin and fuck Gwen. It was all about Pierce Alexander Rose.

I took a picture with Pierce and Erin uploaded it to Facebook when I got my son back.. I didn't feel like dealing with it right now. I was just in awe that this baby came out of me. I never thought it would happen. So when Erin walked out to do something, I didn't even care. I was too busy nursing.

GWEN

I looked at my phone after I finally charged it. I was still thinking about what had happened earlier. I got a thrill out of it. Once I opened up my phone, I saw that I had three missed calls from Tiana. I was confused as to why she was still contacting me after countless times of telling her, I don't want to talk to her. I told her to only contact me when she needed something for Pierce. "Oh my God.... Pierce!"

I shrieked happily. I hopped right in my mom's old car and headed to the hospital. As I stroll in the hospital, I see Erica coming out. I walked over to her and gave her a hug. "Hey, what are you doin' here?" I asked.

"I'm here meeting my friend. She, uh .. broke her vagina and I had to come and show her some love."

I crack up. "Be serious."

"I am. She broke her pelvic bone, same thing. .. almost. Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"I came to visit an old friend. She just gave birth." Her eyes widened for a second, and she looked around.

"What?" I asked. I didn't understand why she was reacting like this.

"Nothing, that's just incredible. Tell your friend I said congratulations andillseeyoulater."

She rushed off before I could ask her what she said. Whatever.

I walked into Tiana's room.  She was playing with the baby and she looked vacant. Like she was thinking really hard about something.

"Hey, there." I said,  standing outside of her door. She looks at me, and back at Pierce, and tears start welling up in her eyes. "You were supposed to be here." She says, quietly. I walked in, and stared at the baby, because I couldn't look at her.

"It was supposed to be us three, Gwen." She sobs. Still, I stared at the baby. He was a clone of Marcus. The headshape, the ears... he had Tiana's beautiful eyes, though. They replicated the very eyes that looked me in my face while I heard "Let's be friends". She broke up with me, and she's crying like I knew she would be. I'm not as happy as I thought I would be, though. I longed for the chance to rub my happiness in her face. Both of us are in different relationships. I was happy with my girl,  and I thought she was happy with hers.

"I'm really sorry for all the wrong I did. Karma is a motherfu-"

I covered baby Pierce's ears. "You have to watch what you say now. Can I pick him up?"

"Yeah."

So I picked him up and sat down in the chair,  near the bed. He was so perfect, just like I knew he would be.

"Um... if you ever need anything,  just call me, okay? I'm sorry about being so rude. I was just hurt." I said, but I was looking at the baby.

"I was wrong,  I apologize,  too."

"Friends?" I asked. I was so tired of having to push ignore whenever Tiana called. I was so irritated with being irritated.  It wasn't good energy, and with me sometimes taking care of my sister, and dealing with a girl,  i just had no more time for bullshit.

"Friends." She replied.

I got up, baby still in my hand and hugged Tiana.

I loved that familiar touch. I missed it. Tiana even looked at me like she wanted me to be naked.

But too bad for her, because she passed up the best thing she had, before the baby. Now, I had a girl that was appreciative of me and wasn't sleeping with anyone else.

Hours later, I walked into my room, where E had been for the last hour.  I told her where the secret key was. "Hey baby,  you just getting back from seeing Tiana?" She asked.

"Wait, how do you know Tiana?"