Bailin' Out

TIANA

Once I got back to my cell, I saw Erin pacing back and forth. I waddled in and stared at her like she was crazy. "Why are you pacing?" I asked.

I sat on the edge of my bed.

"Did you tell her?"

"No, I didn't tell her." I replied, resting an arm on my belly.

" Are you ever gonna tell her we kissed?"

"I don't know. I don't want her to distance herself from me and Pierce. "

"Pierce?"

"Yeah, I'm naming my son Pierce. G's idea."

"Can I feel your stomach?" Erin asked.

"Sure."

Just then, Pierce started kicking the hell outta me.

"Jesus!" I said, through clenched teeth.

Erin gasped in excitement. "He likes me!"

"Either that, or he's tellin' you to back the hell up off his mama." I said.

She laughed. "That baby is a fighter. Just like his mama."

"Oh, hell. I can already imagine the notes and calls from teachers. I can already smell the ink on the restraining orders. Whew, my child is in for it!"

Erin was cracking up.

"If you ever tell her, and she's too upset to deal with you, remember, I always got your back. I may not be out on the streets yet, but I got you. You and Pierce."

"Thanks for that."

"So, can I get a hug?"

"Oh my God, Erin. You're so lame." I said, laughing. I put my arms out anyway.

Early the next morning, I was interrupted out of my sleep. "Rose, you're free to go."

"What?" I ask, still groggy.

"You're free to go. Follow me." The guard said. She helped me up and l walked out of the cell and waited for her.

I was happy I was finally getting back out, but I was gonna miss the shit out of Erin.

GWEN

I took 2500 dollars out of my account. I had saved money in my account since I got it, when I had my very first job. I babysat for a couple years for a couple different families, and I'd had a good amount of money in my account. My parents owned a hair salon together, and it was pretty successful, not nationally recognized or anything like that,  but it definitely enabled them to afford to take a million and one trips. They didn't have an issue with matching my 2500 and helping to get Tiana out. I couldn't wait to get her out and see her smile once she saw me, waiting to pick her up.

I was all smiles on the way to go pick my girl up. It'd be great to celebrate this moment with great sex, but I think her protruding stomach may fuck with my head, so we'll have to stick to being celibate for a little while. I'd be cool for now, but once we get into the groove of having Pierce around, we'll drop him off at my house with my parents and drive Ti to her house and invade her insides.

For now, though, I got to see her being walked out to me and my parents, who had to do the legal stuff since I'm not 18 yet. As soon as she saw me, her lips curled into a smile, but she didn't run to me or anything. I guess I shouldn't've expected her to, being that she's nearly 5 months pregnant and it was super early in the morning. I walked up to her, as soon as the guard let her go, I hugged her as tight as I could. "How do you feel being out of jail?"