Dodging Bullets

TIANA

I sit next to the toilet with my back to the tub. I was feeling really sick for three days now, and on top of that, my body ached. I take a deep breath, but in the middle of that, I felt a gag coming on.

I try to keep it down, but I throw myself over the porcelain throne before puking again. My stomach felt empty and I was still cramping, and yet no blood. My head was pounding and I didn't have anything ti show for it. I didn't have irregular periods, but there's a first time for everything.

I flushed the toilet and tried to stand up.

I end up right back on my ass. That was when I had another flashback.

"Get your damn hands off of me!"

"Shut up, bitch!"

I cried as I thought of what could be going on here...... It couldn't be true!

No.... No.

GwEN

"Oh, my Gosh. Tell your mom I love her." Tiana said, laying on her bed with a full stomach.

I smile. "Okay." I lay with her, watching television.

"What the fuck is wrong with that girl?" I asked Ti, referring to some blonde haired lady on Lifetime.

"She's traumatized by her dude abusing her. That's why she stabbed him so many times."

"Fuck, that has gotta smell. You're stabbing someone's flesh. Can you imagine how bad the smell is?"

"I could only imagine." Ti said, without looking away from the screen.

"I gotta pee, I'll be back."

"Hurry back, or you'll miss something."

"Okay." I said, raising up off of her.

I went into the bathroom, and did my business. I felt a sneeze coming on, so I grabbed some tissue and sneezed. I dunked the tissue in the trash and realized that there was a reflective object in there. I'm a naturally curious person, so I looked to see what it was.

My mouth dropped open in awe.

A pregnancy test.

What the fuck?!

I eyeball the pregnancy test. It was negative, but I still wanted to know where the fuck it came from! The last I checked, Tiana was 100 percent lesbian. Why is there a pregnancy test in here? Is she messing with GUYS behind my back?

"Tiana!" I yelled.

"What?" She replied.

"Come here, please."

A few seconds later she comes to me. "Wassup, the fuck you yelling for?"

"What the fuck is that?"

".... What?"

I shake the trash can so the test would show. Then, I looked at her.

"What about it?"

"What the fuck is it doing there?!"

"You know my brother has a girlfriend," Tiana said, holding me by my arms. "She was scared that she was pregnant, she didn't wanna tell my brother. She asked could she test in my bathroom and I said yes, baby."

She kissed me on square on my lips.

"Calm down, okay?"

"Alright. I was gonna say, wouldn't it have been some shit if I'm the 'bisexual' one, finding out that my lesbian girlfriend is out here fucking dudes, you know?"

"I would never do that to you, babe."

I look in her eyes. "Aight." I said, walking out.

"Can I just tell you something?"

"What?" I asked, still sort of bothered about the pregnancy test thing.

"You looked so goddamn sexy when you were mad. You were ready to beat some ass and oh my God, whew." She said, closing her eyes.

"Hah, it won't be funny when you appear on the news. Missing Teen. Heh." I said, fake smiling.

"That ain't even cute." She said, rolling her eyes. "Now come on, we're missing the movie!"

TIANA

I was thanking my lucky stars that the pregnancy test was negative, because it was mine.