When a Woman's Fed Up

GWEN

Friday came and I was holding Vee, just until it was time to go meet up with E. I didn't know why I was going out with some girl whose name I didn't even really know but I needed some kind of fun. I loved taking care of my little sister but I knew it wasn't gonna be easy. It wasn't,  either,  but I wasn't complaining. My parents were back now, so I could go back to being a normal teen and they handled most of the parental duties. I still helped out, though. I rocked Vee to sleep and then carefully put her in her crib in my mom's room. My mom was snoozing away. I walked out and turned the corner and sat at the table under the Pavillion at Dumas Park. A few minutes later, I saw E walk up and sit on the other side.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothin'. Thanks for coming, I appreciate it."

"No problem. I aim to please."

"I just wanted to know a few more things about you. "

E blinks. "Uh, okay. Ask away."

"What's your real name?"

"Eri.....ca. I'm Erica. But I don't like it. I don't think I look like an Erica. So I just call myself E."

"Oh... that's cool."

"Yeah.  So what do you do for fun?"

"Eat." I said, and we both chuckled.

"You're funny." She said, before we went on to another topic of conversation.

TIANA

I roll my eyes at the ceiling when I see that it's 8:00 and Erin still isn't back. Damn, all I wanted from the store was some juice. This hoe been gone for two hours! I groan and stand up. "God, this baby is heavy." With my luck, I was gonna have to carry this baby to term. I want a healthy boy, but I really hate being pregnant. I want him to shimmy his way out of my lower regions, and FAST. I make my way downstairs and hear Bailey barking. I bend over to let her out of the cage. She playfully jumps on my side and I rub her head. She was gonna have to chill with this rough stuff. I'm gonna have a kid in here soon. I couldn't have Bailey jumping up at everything. After I told her to get down,  she went over to her water bowl. I wash my hands and pour myself a glass of water. Just then, I hear the door open. I lock my jaw when I see who it is. "Where the hell have you been?" I asked Erin.

"Out. Anyways, here is your juice. I got you peach since they were out of orange."

I take the juice with a skeptical look on my face.

"Yeah, okay." I was gonna let the issue go for now. She just got out of jail. We're supposed to be up under each other all day. This pregnancy was turning me into a girl, no doubt. I longed for cuddling, hugs, and I wanted nothing more than to be around Erin all day every day. Erin made it seem like that's what she wanted to, but she's always out. She's not even from this area. All of a sudden, she knows all the spots in town. I rolled my eyes when I bent over to put my juice in the refrigerator. At least I didn't have to worry about Gwen running around on me. My mind had been on her the last couple days. I missed my best friend. We used to be so tight and I fucked it all up. I wanted to talk to her about my thoughts of Erin. We used to always talk about whoever we were with. I planned to talk to Megan and see how Gwen is doing, since she cut all communication off with me. Pierce started moving whenever I thought of Gwen. Either that, or it was making my stomach turn, not being around her all the time.

While I was in my thoughts, I feel two hands around my waist. I was still getting used to that. It was understood that Erin was the dominant one of this relationship but I still had my days where I felt funny about it.  "What are you thinkin' about? You're awfully quiet."

"How much my life has changed in the last year. It's been crazy."

And we stayed like that until I farted.

"What?" I asked, when Erin backed away from me. "I'm pregnant. Get over it."

The next morning, I had to go to school to serve a detention. Saturday detention fucking sucks. You get up early and sit in a secluded room for a hour. I was driving to school and when I pulled up, I saw Gwen and Megan talking in front of the school.  I got out of the car and headed to where they were. Gwen glanced at me and said something to Megan before walking away. My heart sank a little but I knew I deserved it. "Hi, Ti." Megan greeted. "What'd you get detention for?"

"Skipping class. Apparently me carrying a baby doesn't mean anything to these people.  Whatever. Anyways... uh... how's Gwen holding up?"

"At first she was really torn up, but now... she's doing great. She even has a new love interest."

My heart sank even more. Even though I had Erin and everything,  I was a little annoyed at how fast she moved on from me. I know it's wrong for me to feel this way, but I still felt pain. I felt like I got dumped, not her.

"I'm gonna go talk to her, if it kills me." I declared, before heading in Gwen's direction.

"Gwen!" I called. She looks at me and rolls her eyes. She doesn't move, so I'm making progress.

"I miss you. Pierce misses you, too."

"Well I don't miss you Pierce is a different story."

"C'mon, Gwen. Not even a little bit?"

"No. I'm already trying to see someone else."

"That quick?"

"You're the cooped up with some joint you went to jail with while we were together. This is your fault. I'm tryna see somebody else, and so far, I like it. So thank you, Tiana, for letting me go. I finally get to try dating people who actually care about me." She snapped. She then walked away, leaving me to feel stupid.