World's Youngest Wing(wo)man

GWEN

A few weeks later, I'm at home by myself with Vee. She had been crying for two minutes straight. "Shhh, it's okay.  It's okay. Want your baba?" I give it to her and she's quiet. I reveled in the silence. Man, dealing with a newborn was hard work, but I was glad she was here. I was no longer the baby of the family. Some people don't like being replaced as the baby of the family, but at 16 years old, I was definitely over being at the bottom of the food chain. Vee was in a daddy's girl onesie, and had baby mittens on, so she doesn't accidentally scratch her face up. Vee has so much hair already, it's ridiculous. Hopefully she takes after her big sis in wanting to keep her hair natural. It definitely isn't for everybody but I knew Vee could pull it off. She looks like me, after all.

When she finished the bottle, I propped her up on my shoulder and began lightly tapping her on her back. Vee cooed softly and then burped.

I then heard my phone ring. I looked at it and gritted my teeth. It's Gabby. "Girl. What do you want?" I asked. What was it with me that my exes never wanted to leave me alone?!

"Your little girlfriend  has another piece on the side, I see. Should've stayed with me, I would've never done that."

"Goodbye, Gabby." I said,  in a firm voice. Since my sister had been born, I ceased all contact with Tiana. We don't speak, I barely see her in school, and whenever her and Megan talk, I just politely excuse myself from the conversation. I no longer want to be associated with Tiana Rose. Never ever again. But, since the breakup, Gabby has been pestering me and bringing up old stuff. The only way I've kept calm was thinking of Vee. I had to set an example. I can't have my little sister fighting and cursing everyone out. That was out of the question.

I felt my stomach churning and immediately rolled my eyes. I knew that it was my time of the month. I put Vee in her crib upstairs and went to the bathroom to see if I was right.

About a minute later, I reach for a tampon. I only had one left! This meant I had to make a store run. I wash my hands when I'm done using the restroom and I get my mom's baby carrier. I pick Vee up and smile at her.

"You ready for a ride with big sissy? Huh?"

She cooed in response. I put her in the carseat in the front seat and sat in the driver's seat of my mom's Saturn. I put the key in the ignition and turn it.

Once I drive up to the store, Vee starts to fuss.

"I'm comin'. "

I take out the keys and make my way over to Vee on the other side of the car. When I put Vee in the carrier, I saw a rather attractive stud sitting in a car next to me. She smiles at me. I give her a small smile and turn my attention back to my little sister.

I make my way inside the store and immediately go to the feminine products aisle and search for my favorite brand of tampons. I felt a tap on my shoulders and jump. I breathe a sigh of relief when I see that it's the Unknown girl that I had just seen outside. I did look at her crazy, though. "So... this is how you pick up these girls? Scaring them half to death?"

She chuckles. "No. You would be my first. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the town, I go by E."

"Oh, hi. I'm Gwen. And this..." I turn so she can see the baby. "...is Vee."

"Oh, wow. She's so cute. Looks just like you. Is she yours?"

"No." I said. "This my sister. What makes you think she's mine?" I asked.

She pointed to the baby carrier. "Lots of girls are pregnant at our age. I even have a pregnant friend."

"Ah, I see. Um... where are you from? I haven't seen you around here."

"Joelson Heights." I tried to remember where I'd heard that city but couldn't remember.

"Look, I don't mean to be forward or anything like that but.... can we hang sometime? Just as friends."

I am so over these women, bruh. After Gabby and Tiana? Jesus. The last thing I wanted was another relationship.  But the girl only wanted to be friends. I didn't seem to have that many real friends, so trying to make another one wouldn't hurt.

"Alright. I'm free on Friday. My parents are coming back Friday,  so I can hang."

"Cool. So... can I get your number?"

I give her my number and she gives me hers.

"Aight,  Gwen. I'll be using this number." She says, before walking away.

"I hope so." I said, and continued to look at the feminine products. I looked at Vee. "You are the perfect wingman. I shall return the favor one day." And she smiled like she understood. I loved my little sister.

TIANA

I beamed when Erin came through the door with my Cheetos. I was getting really strong cravings and I looked like a balloon. After I have this baby, I'm working all of this out so I can get B2B... back to the bitches. For now, I'm cool with cuddling with Erin and eating junk food.

"Ugh, I only have a couple more months until this pregnancy is over. You know what? You can have the baby next time. I ain't poppin' out no more kids. Who voluntarily puts themselves through this?! "

Erin laughs. "I kinda do want my own children."

"That's kinda sexy. I never would've thought of you to be the type to want to have your own kids."

"I used to get shit for it all the time, but in about 10 years, I want my own kids. Twins. The rare kind- a boy and a girl. Pierce can have a brother and a sister to look after."

"I like that." I said.

As fucked up as this sounds, I'm glad I kissed Erin in jail. If I didn't,  I wouldn't have had the chance to be laid up with her right now. I needed to be with whomever made me happy and that someone is her, not Gwen. In fact, it's been a couple weeks since I've heard from her. I wish Erin knew her so I could know how she's doing. I haven't even seen the baby. Which sucks, because I got along with Gigi and Reggie very well. Now they probably hate my guts.... oh well. I should be preparing for my own kid's arrival. I hope Gwen comes to Pierce's birth. I still want her to be there. It would make me sad if she wasn't.