(Ex) Girlfriends Goin' Ghost

GWEN

When I walked out of Saturday Detention, I walked along the sidewalk to get to work. I rolled my eyes when I happened to look to my left and see Tiana slowing her car down.

"Gwen." She said.

I just keep walking. I don't have time for this crap. All I wanted to do was have ONE day without this bitch bothering me.  I quickened my pace and Tiana still wasn't getting the hint.

"What?!" I yelled.  I was already irritated that I had to sit through an hour of detention on a fucking Saturday and all I wanted to do was get to work so I could hurry up and get off.

"Let me give you a ride. I at least owe you THAT."

I sighed. "You don't owe me anything, Ti. I don't want anything from you. I'm done. Finished. I will be fine. Thanks, but no thanks."

She looked really hurt when I said that. Honestly, I didn't care. Karma is a bitch and I love her right now. I didn't even glance at her car when she sped off. I scoffed. Like she had any damn reason to be mad. It's all good. I had money to make, a girl to call, and a baby sister to live for. I wasn't gonna let her get me down ever again.

--

Later on that night, I'm giggling at a joke that E made. "Shut up."

"No, I'm serious. How would you react if that happened to you?"

"I don't know,  but I can tell you, I wouldn't throw a lit firecracker at anybody. Ain't that attempted murder?"

"They called it aggravated assault."

"You're crazy, you know that?"

"So, I've been told."

"Come meet me." I suggested. I knew it was bold, but I was bored. I didn't want to be in the house since I had nothing to do. It was boring and the baby was asleep.

"I don't know if I can." She says.

"Aw, mommy won't let you?"

"Girl, I do what I want." She says.

"So come on. Meet me outside of my crib. Please?"

"Alright. Where do you live?"

"186 Scarlett Ave." I reply.

"Cool. I'll text you when I'm outside."

TIANA

I look at Erin like she's crazy.

"Babe, where are you going?" I ask.

"Can you stop asking me all these questions? Lord." She replied, a look of annoyance on her face.

"You're my girlfriend, E. No, I won't stop asking these questions. You're always leaving. You're not even from here! What is this friend's name?"

"Her name is Mindya Business."

I rose my eyebrows at that. "A GIRL? You're not going to see her!"

"Ti, it is not that serious. She's just a friend. It's okay, baby." She said,  and left. I rolled my eyes and decided to try Gwen's number again.

"This number has been disconnected."

Shiiiit, she got her number changed.

GWEN

Five minutes later, I get a text from E saying that she is outside. Damn, that was fast. I wonder where her place is. I go to the door and give her a hug. She smiles and I can't help but smile back. We sit on the porch. "So wassup? What did you wanna see me for?"

"Just to chill for awhile."

"Just to chill?" She whispers in my ear.

"Yes, just to chill. Nasty." I tease.

"Okay, okay."

Just then,  I felt a breeze. I felt kinda cold.

"Goddamn, I'm cold."

Erica sat closer to me. "Warm now?"

"Yeah. Shit, you'd think I stayed warm with all this hair on my head."

E chuckles.

"So, where you stay at? It only took you a couple minutes to get here and there is no car."

"I was chillin' with my friend who lives nearby. No biggie." She said.

"Ohhh, okay. Uh, anything you wanna know about me in particular?"

"Sure. What's your last name?"

"Galley. Yours?"

"Pickett. Hey, you mind if I smoke?"

"Yes, I do mind. It's bad for you,  don't you know that?"

"I know,  I know. I'm trying to stop but ..."

"...So, no." I said with a smile. "I'm gonna make sure you don't smoke anymore. Cigarettes, weed, all that."

She sighs. "Okay."

"I'm gonna be on yo' ass about this."

"Okay. Can we go back to 21 Questions?"

"Sure. When is your birthday?"

"February 16th, yours?"

"June 1st."

"Oh, not far away at all. We're gonna have to do something."

"I wouldn't be against it."

"Cool." She replied cooly.

When I turned to look directly in front of me, I froze. Was I really seeing this?!

A/N: short, yeah. I know. Sorry. Lol. What do you guys think happened? Leave your comments.

Sorry if the chapter sucked but you know it's goin' DOWN once everything is unraveled.