Too Bad

TIANA

I can't believe in a fucking jail cell again. To make matters worse, I was in here by myself. Erin had gone back to her house after we broke up. Now, I didn't have a distraction in jail. I found myself sitting up in a jail, with no cellmate. I didn't know when I was gonna go and get sentenced. I was pretty sure they'd give me a year, since it isn't THAT serious of a charge. But, I still didn't want to be in here!

I have a son, now! I have to be out there, raising him. His father is already fucking dead, the last thing he needs is for his mom to be in jail. I'm only looking at about a year, but I'm still gonna miss important days of my son's life. I had to reach someone outside of here. I hated the idea of it, but I had to call Gwen. So, when I got my one phone call, I called her.

The phone rang and rang, but there was no answer. I started to hang up, but then I heard a voice.

"Tiana? What the hell?" asked Gwen.

"Oh, thank God you answered the phone. Okay, I need a huge favor."

"Why are you back in jail?"

"They found me guilty of tampering with evidence. I don't really have time to explain it. I need you to do me a favor, though."

"What makes you think you deserve a favor from me?"

"Gwen, I don't have time for this."

"I want an answer, Ti. You're seriously calling my phone, asking me for a favor, when you don't deserve anything from me."

"Gwen. Please. Just listen to me. We can talk about it when I get home. Can you bail me out?"

"You're asking me like I'm made of money, Ti. I can't keep bailing you out of every situation you get yourself into, Ti."

"You got me out the last time."

"You forgot that as soon as Erin got out. You repaid me by leaving me for her. Anyway, I'm broke and there's no way in hell my parents would bail you out after what you did to me. I'm not asking them to, either. I'm fine whether you're behind bars or on the outside. I don't care anymore, Tiana. Goodbye." she said. Then I heard a dial tone.

"Fuck!" I exclaim, slamming the phone on the hook. I got escorted back to my cell and cried. I don't know what to do.

GWEN

After I hung up the phone, I went back to filling out some college applications. I haven't been focusing on my grades as much as I should have, lately. I mean, I was close to finishing my sophomore year off, and my grades weren't great. My parents are not happy about it. I just hadn't been able to get myself together after my little.... fiasco.

I was trying to focus on myself and help out with my little sister. I tried dating people and always winded up disappointed. I was still getting back to building some kind of relationship with Gabby, though. At one point I really liked her. I just freaked out because she was getting so jealous over my friendship with Ti. Now that she's out of the picture, I think Gabby can be more sweet, and less naggy.

I smiled as I wrote my name on the application for Trinity Rowe University. I loved the location and the tuition wasn't extremely high. It was also an HBCU, which means I'll fit right in. I also filled out a couple more, but my heart was set on Trinity Rowe. I needed for these last two years of high school to hurry the hell up.

The next day, I had finished all of my applications, and I was just finishing up my assignment from school, when Gabby FaceTimed me, again.

"Yes?" I asked, excited that she wants to talk to me.

"I wanna come over. Are your parents there?"

"No."

"Do you have your sister?"

"I wish." I responded.

"Well, I was wondering if I could come over. I really want to see you again."

"Yeah, that'd be cool."

Gabby smiled widely. "Yes!" She squealed, causing both of us to laugh.

I don't even care about what happened with her, I'm ready to move on.

She arrives at my house 20 minutes later. I greet her at the door with a hug. "Hi!" I said.

We both sat on the couch, making small talk.

"So, what do you feel like doing?" She asked. I was staring at her lips when she asked me that.

Jesus, don't let me regret this.

I leaned in, and so did Gabby. We were kissing like we wanted to rip each others' clothes off, but I knew that I didn't want that with her. She was sucking my face off when we heard a knock a few minutes later. The doorbell was being pushed repeatedly, too. I was pissed that I had to get up and answer the door, but it could be an important package. I opened the door and I was just floored.