Growing Pains

GWEN

I'd been watching out for new details on the murder and racking my brain trying to figure out who could do this. He had many enemies. The kid was horrible to be around sometimes, but that doesn't mean he deserved to die like that. I hoped whomever killed him got caught and Marcus could be done some justice. I didn't even know why I obsess over this case so much. It isn't because I still had feelings for him; that ship sailed when I caught him with Megan. It seemed that my obsession was more so with death. What happens? Do we really float out of our souls and meet God? Or do we just chill in boxes and our souls go nowhere? I wondered where Marcus even was. He had a funeral already, so he's buried and stuff, but where was his soul? Was he religious? If so, is he in Heaven? Does Heaven exist? Hell? Does THAT exist? Or is his spirit still in the park? Is he a ghost? I wanted answers, and I was really close to getting them a couple months back.

I wish I could talk to Tiana about this stuff. You're supposed to feel comfortable to talk to your partner about everything, but for some reason Ti just never wanted to talk about it. It's like his death affected her in some way, and she didn't even like the guy. Maybe she'll feel safe enough to open up to me.

I feel like there's a reason she doesn't wanna discuss Marcus. There's no reason to have such a grudge against the guy, he's dead! She never has to deal with anything related to him again. So, why did I feel like she was acting weird about this whole thing?

TIANA

After dropping G off at school a few days later, I went to the doctor's unbeknownst to her. I didn't need her worrying about me, when she had other stuff on her plate; work, helping her mom out more, and preparing for a new sibling. I was gonna help Gigi out before going to work, but not until after I got back from the doctor's office. I'd been under the weather for the longest, but ad soon as some symptoms cleared up, new ones came in. I was tired of this bullshit. And I still haven't seen a drop of blood. This is the first time that  I'm annoyed that my period hasn't started.

I was sitting in the office, waiting for my name to be called when a sharp pain came in my lower left side. I gripped it and grimaced. It was hurting me. An old lady across from me smiles. "Ah, pregnancy visit, huh? I remember when I first got pregnant." I chuckle nervously. "No, ma'am. I'm not pregnant. I think I hit my hip on something trying to get out of the house this morning."

I sure the fuck hoped I wasn't pregnant. I had just taken a test, and it said negative, so I couldn't be. I laughed off the possibility to myself as someone in scrubs came out to call for a patient.

"Tiana Rose." she called.

I rose from my seat and walked over to her. She smiled and walked me down a long hallway. "Hi, Miss Rose. How are you today?"

"I'm okay." I said, as we turned right into an empty office.

She talked with me about some stuff and told me that a doctor was gonna be in to see me in a little while.

After texting Gwen back and forth, the doctor finally comes in.

"So, I'm hearing that you're experiencing lower back pain and you've been vomiting?"

"Yes, and cramping."

"Okay, okay."

I explained to him that I'd been feeling this way for some time and that  I missed my period.

"Hmm.... Are you sexually active?"

I didn't know how to answer it. Of course I was. Gwen and I stayed getting it in, especially once the pain in my private area stopped hurting. But saying yes would imply that I'm screwing men all the time, and that thought disgusted me. I wasn't about to tell a doctor who has only known of my existence for 21 minutes that I got raped. Hell no. But, I had to see if I had gotten a false negative test.

"Yeah." I said, softly. I watched for any kind of reaction. Here I was, a stud, telling a doctor that I had intercourse with a male.

"You think you could be pregnant?"

"I took a pregnancy test and it said I wasn't pregnant."

"When?"

"Ooh, um... four, five days ago."

"Okay, we'll run one on you today, then."

I bit my lip in anticipation... Wow.... This shit again...