Chapter 9

Katriana's POV

German Airport, Germany

Steve strides through an underpass, then jogs onto a private runway, heading for a grounded chopper. An electro-disabler slams onto the chopper and Steve looks up. Tony and Rhodey descent.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony comments.

"Definitely weird." Rhodey agrees.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve reasons. What the frick is happening.

T'Challa leaps over a truck. "Captain."

"Your highness." Steve greets

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony asks.

"You're after the wrong guy," Steve says.

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday." Tony snaps.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't." Steve reasons. What, now there are killer super soldiers all around. Oh jeez.

"Steve . . . you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" Nat asks.

"All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Tony sighs, and Peter shoots a web, stealing Steve's shield and binding his hands. "Nice job, kid." He comments.

"Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit... Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's--it's perfect. Thank you." Peter rambles. Damn, that's cute.

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation." Tony starts.

"Okay. Cap . . . Captain. Big fan, I'm Spider-Man." Peter waves. Again, he's killing me with the adorkableness.

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Just . . ." Tony sighs.

"Hey, everyone." Peter salutes. Wait, why am I having these thoughts, much less in the middle of a battle?

". . . Good job." Tony sighs.

"You've been busy," Steve says.

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint. 'Rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep . . . I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." Tony sighs.

"You did that when you signed." Steve deadpans.

"Alright, We're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us. NOW! Because it's us! Or a squad of J-SOC guys . . . with no compunction about being impolite. Come on." Tony snaps.

Steve holds his hands up and someone shoots the web off.

"Hey, guys, something . . ." A person raises up from Steve's shield and hits Peter square in the face.

"Whoa. What--what the hell was that?" Rhodey asks.

He retrieves Steve's shield. "I believe this is yours, Captain America." He says.

"Oh, great. Alright, there's two on the parking deck. One of them's Maximoff, I'm gonna grab her. Rhodey, you want to take Cap?" Tony says.

"Got two in the terminal, Wilson, and Barnes," Rhodey informs.

"Barnes is mine!" T'Challa yells.

"I'm taking Steve first," I whisper, waiting for the guy next to Steve to leave.

"Hey, Mr. Stark, what should I do?" Peter asks, seemingly okay from the punch earlier.

"What we discussed. Keep your distance. Web 'em up." Tony snaps, obviously angry.

"Okay, copy that!" Peter yells, swinging away. As Steve was about to move, I quickly blast him in the side, and he rolls over, groaning.

"Steve." I greet, flipping down my hood.

"So, Tony's gotten you on his team to." Steve smiles weakly. "You sure pack a punch." My mouth turns into a thin line.

"I wasn't 'on' his team. I was going to be on yours, but you all had too chose for me. Remember what I said that day? Well, if you guys are signing for me. I will as sure as hell be getting you to sign? That's what I'm doing now." I snarl.

"Kat you don't understand." Steve reasons.

"The hell I don't. I'm always held back, just because I'm a kid. Can't you see?" I fight back tears. "Can't you see that you're hurting me?" Steve shakes his head. "So be that way." I leave. Mission 1 was a bust. I see Sam and Barnes webbed up by Peter, perfect.

"WAHHHH!" Peter yells as Redwing pulls him out of the terminal.

"You're in a bit of a dilemma," I comment, walking up towards them.

"Yeah yeah, get us out of here Kat." Sam rolls his eyes.

"Sign, please." I rip the webbing off.

"No can do Kitty-Kat." Sam shakes his head.

"I had the feeling you'd say that." I sigh. "Just go." I run out, going towards Wanda and Clint.

"Kat!" Wanda gasps. "Why are you here?"

"I'm getting you to sign!" I yell, frustrated.

"Sorry Kat, but Cap's right on this one." Clint sighs.

"I'm so sorry." Wanda uses her magic to throw me into Rhodey.

"Sorry!" I yell. I flip up my hood. A large truck came tumbling towards us, and it explodes.

"Oh, come on!" Rhodey yells. "Alright. Now, I'm pissed."

"Tony, all missions were a bust. Steve's got them real good." I hiss, clutching my side in pain.

"Vision, you're up," Tony says.

"Captain Rogers. I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now." Vision declares, as we arrive, and stare at them.

"This is gonna end well." Nat snarks. The two teams stride towards each other with grim determination etched on their faces, none of us are stopping, and that's how our family is going to get ripped.

I love me a good cliffhanger. SIKE!