Chapter 2

(EDITED SLIGHTLY. NO NEED TO READ. NOVEMBER 20TH 2020)

3rd Person POV, Avengers Tower, New York City

"Wanda, Pietro, and Katriana Maximoff. Twins, Katriana is the younger one. Orphaned at 10 and 5 when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on its way to everything special." Maria walked down the hallway, bringing up pictures of the siblings.

"Their abilities?" Steve asks.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation, psionic energy manipulation. The younger one has emotion manipulation, neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, healing,  psionic energy manipulation, power-taking."

"Power-taking?" Steve echos looking at Maria with a confused expression.

"She can take away your powers. She can make you weak again." Maria looks at Steve and sighs. "He's fast, she's weird, and she's supernatural."

"Well, they're going to show up again," Steve says, getting into an elevator.

"Agreed. Files say that they volunteered for Struckers experiments. It's nuts." Maria shakes her head.

"Right, what kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country." Steve rolls his eyes he presses a few buttons on the control panel.

"We're not at war Captian." Maria points out as the elevator door closes.

"They are." Steve deadpans.

Katriana's POV,

Sokovian Town, Sokovia

"Pietro, stop stealing! At speed, nothing can hit you, but standing..." Wanda yells as Pietro runs his though his hair, clearly fed up with his twin's constant scolding.

"Wanda, I'm stealing so no one can go hungry or cold! I'm helping the poor like we wanted to! How do you expect me to use my talents then?" Pietro angrily yells as I hid in Wanda's jacket. I agreed with Wanda, mainly because I didn't want Pietro shot

"Pietro, what if you get shot? Then we can't be with you because you're with Momma and Papa." I sniffle a bit and Pietro and Wanda's face drops.

"No, no, don't cry Kitty. We won't ever leave you." Wanda soothes me and I stop crying. I was a big girl now, I can't cry. At least, that's what the people that work for Strucker said.

"I won't steal again okay? You don't need to worry about us." Pietro picks me up, while I protest against him. I'm a big girl. I don't need to be picked up. A young boy walks down to us.

"The man wants you in the church." He says as his sister comes up to him.

"Costel! Costel, you can't run away like that. You know better." She tugs on his arm and he speaks again.

"The Iron Man wants you."

He gets dragged off by his sister. We look at each other fearfully and Pietro drops me.

"Stay behind me and Wanda okay? When I tell you to fly, fly." Pietro says before setting off. I nod and start walking behind him, like a duckling with its mother. When we reach the church there's a hooded man. I subconsciously pull at my hood before realizing he's covered by a blanket. Wanda steps up and speaks, much to the discomfort of Pietro. He protectively stands in front of me and gets ready to run to Wanda at a moment's notice.

"Talk. And if you are wasting our time..." Wanda deadpans and the mystery man speaks.

"Did you know this church is in the exact center of the city? The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally close to God. I like that. The geometry of belief." He rambles on about God. Before getting to the point. "You're wondering why you can't look inside my head." Wanda can't look inside his head? He can't be trusted then.

"Sometimes it's hard. But sooner or later, every man shows himself." Wanda smirks, readying her powers before he turns around, showing what he is. A robot. Wanda stops her powers but regains her posture. Pietro gets in front of me as I ready my own powers. He can't be trusted.

"Oh, I'm sure they do. But you needed something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the scepter." Ultron smirks and I growl. He can't insult my sister. I step up but Pietro blocks me again.

"Don't Kitty-Ana. We do not want to provoke him yet." Pietro says and I calm down a bit.

"I didn't expect. But I saw Stark's fear, I knew it would control him, make him self-destruct." Wanda glares at Ultron. She's good at interrogating people.

"Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war, invaders create avengers, people create...smaller people?" Ultron starts a speech before losing a word. Smaller people? He can't be trusted if he does that. "Uh...children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them, to help them...end." Ultron ends on a sinister note and I step up.

"Is that why you've come? To end the Avengers?" I ask and he turns to me. Pietro and Wanda look alarmed but Ultron doesn't do anything.

"I've come to save the world. But also, yeah. We'll move out right away. This is a start, but there's something we need to begin the real work." He shoots out. We follow him and we come back to the base again. We pass by Strucker's body. Dead. We go down to the area where they kept their scepter. Robots just like him are flying everywhere.

"All of these are... All of these are..." Wanda stutters.

"Me. I have what the Avengers never will. Harmony. They're discordant, disconnected. Stark's already got them turning on each other. And when you get inside the rest of their heads..." Ultron continues with his plan before Pietro interrupts him.

"Everyone's plan is not to kill them." Pietro scoffs.

"And make them martyrs? You need patience. Need to see the big picture." Ultron shrugged.

"I don't see the big picture, I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it every day." Pietro scoffs. I come up behind him.

"You lost your parents in the bombings. I've seen the records." Ultron replied. How did he know that?!?

"The records are not the picture," Pietro says.

"Pietro." Wanda lightly scolds.

"No, please." Ultron beckons Pietro and he starts our story.

"We were ten years old, Kitty-Ana 5. We having dinner, the five of us. When the first shell hits, two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor. It's big. Kitty-Ana stuck on the other side, so our father goes after her and sets her down in a small cupboard. Another bomb hits, and our parents go in, and the whole building starts coming apart. I grab her, roll under the bed, and the second shell hits. But, it doesn't go off. It just...sits there in the rubble, three feet from our faces. And on the side of the shell is painted one word..."

"Stark." Wanda spat, holding tightly to my hand as if I would leave them again.

"We were trapped for two days." Pietro holds on to my other hand as Ultron studies me intently

"Every effort to save us, every shift in the bricks, I think, 'This will set it off.' We wait for two days for Tony Stark to kill us. But, instead, he nearly killed our sister. She was all bloodied up in the cupboard. The doctors said she wouldn't live." Wanda glances at Ultron. "But she did. We're forever grateful for that."

"I know what they are," Pietro smirks, finally finding someone other than us that shares his views.

"I wondered why only you three survived Strucker's experiments. Now I don't. We will make it right. You and I can hurt them." He points to Pietro, then moves onto Wanda. "You will tear them apart, from the inside." Then he looks intently at me. "And you... you will hurt them, confuse them, tear them apart, but most importantly." He takes my face into his cool metal hands as I try not to flinch, like Wanda and Pietro. "You will take everything that was ever special about them."

I changed up the last part. I don't know why but tell me if you liked it.