Chapter 43

A/N: Thank you so much for the reads, votes, and comments! I really am lucky to have readers like you guys :) now, here a chapter, that I hope is enjoyable :D Regular updates will be every Monday unless there's is a complication, and if there is, I will be posting about it on my message board.

It's a short chapter, but I think it'll foreshadow a lot of new things that will happen, kinda secretly, but oh well, please enjoy-

~~~~~

"She shoots-" Kat throws a random t-shirt in her suitcase. "And she scores!" 

Jumping up and down, Kat did a little dance before continuing to pack. As her messy Spotify playlist started playing "The Schuyler Sisters" from Hamilton, Kat sang to her heart's content, not really noticing the red magic floating underneath her door, before it climbed up her bed, and settled in a misty red. 

"Wanda?" Kat questions, walking out of the door and going to her sister's bedroom. 

It was basically a mess. The curtains were shut and it was basically dark, save for the red lava lamp that Pietro had lovingly stolen for her from an old garage sale. Wanda's clothes were basically strewn across the floor, makeup all over her dresser. 

"Damn, she's really having her teenage angst days huh?" Pietro questions, suddenly appearing in the doorway.

"Where even is  she?" Kat questions, before a bundle of blankets, moved and started crying.

"Wands?" Pietro gently asks, sitting on the bed. "Sestra, are you alright? Your magic's gone haywire recently. 

"No." Wanda shook her head, raising a blanket up so her siblings could see her face. Her green eyes stared up at the two. 

"Wands, you know you have us. The Avengers. We're all here for you." Kat says, crouching down to meet her sister's eyes. "You've been so strong. Please, let us help you." 

"Wanda," Pietro says. "Kitty is right. Please, let us help you."

Wanda did nothing but set down the blanket again, and soon after, they heard more sobs. 

"You go pack your things. I'll see what I can do." Pietro says. "It's my fault. I wasn't there for both of you."

"It wasn't your fault, 'Tro," Kat assures. "Wanda's been through a lot." 

Pietro didn't meet Katriana's eyes, instead moving his blue eyes to the bundle of blankets. "I see you in 2 weeks."

"Yeah. See you then." Kat nods. She quickly hugs her older brother, before walking back into her room. 

"Why is it so empty?" Kat asks, to no one in particular. Walking back into her room, her phone playing the soundtrack to Star Wars. 

She continued packing, before slapping on a sticker given to them by Mr. Harrington, before packing her backpack, and packing her computer, important documents, money, and stuff that was on a list that MJ had kindly sent to her.

Grabbing her bracelet given to her by Tony, turning it slowly in her hands, contemplating whether she should grab it. 

Nat would say to bring it, just in case.

But it's a vacation. I shouldn't be needing my suit.

Just. Bring. It. 

Kat slipped on the bracelet, before turning off her Spotify playlist. She stared at her suitcase and backpack warily. Her phone buzzed in her hand, sending Kat out of her stupor.

Unknown Number- 201-915-62442

Unknown Number: Your sister is more powerful than you

Kat: I know that

Unknown Number: An entire chapter in the Dark Hold- She'll be the end of the world, The Scarlet Witch

Kat: Wanda wouldn't hurt anyone. She's just confused and scared. She'll get better soon. Get out of my contacts.

Unknown Number: She's dangerous. You should run.

Kat: OUT!

Kat angrily took a screenshot of the conversation. She could find out the number during the vacation. She then deleted the contact and conversation, grabbing her suitcase, and walking out of her room in the compound in upstate New York. 

"Hey." A voice called from behind her. 

"Oh, Nat! You're back from the hospital!" Kat smiles, hugging her mother-figure. "Is your leg okay?"

"It's alright." Nat smiles, ruffling Kat's hair, with her free hand, the other on the crutch she was using. "Do you know where Sam is? Steve's been looking for him." 

"Oh, um, I dunno. I'll go find him." Kat nods, walking with her suitcase. "Tell Happy I'll be late."

"Will do." Nat smiles, before walking away, or as fast as she could walk with the crutch. 

"I think he was out in the garden or by the lake," Kat mutters, using her powers to open some doors. 

Walking down to the garden by the lake, Kat saw Steve and Sam talking, with Bucky a few feet back. 

"Hey, Kitty-Kat." Bucky greets, slinging an arm across her shoulder. 

"Hey, Buckaroo." Kat smiles, doing the same. "What's going on?"

"I dunno. I heard something about Steve and Nat retiring?" Bucky questions.

"Oh. But Tony's already retired, and then Clint, and Bruce is probably also retired as well." Kat says. "And everyone else is doing their own thing."

"I mean, the Avengers won't be the same, but I think we'll be fine," Bucky says, before looking at the scene before them, jaw-dropped to as low as he could manage. 

Steve had given Sam the shield. 

"What the fuck." Kat gasps.