Chapter 24

KAT'S POV

I was listening to music, peacefully, may I add, on the way to a field trip to MoMA or whatever Peter calls it.

Peter taps on my shoulder. "Kat. Look outside." I look up and stare to see a giant space donut coming in.

"Ned, hey. I need you to cause a distraction." Peter whispers, and Ned turns around and sees the spaceship.

"Holy shit! We're all gonna die! There's a spaceship!" Ned cries. Students start to scramble to the windows in the back to see the spaceship. I quickly tap the M on my bracelet and the nanotech suit covers my body, as I set down my backpack. Peter quickly slides on one of his Stark-made web-shooters and webs the emergency exit lever on the opposite side of the bus and quickly changes in his suit.

"Dude. I'm right here." I deadpan, and he blushes a deep shade of red.

"What's the matter with you kids? You've never seen a spaceship before?" Stan the bus-driver snaps. We jump out the window, clinging to the side of the bus as Peter pulls on his mask. 

"Do American's do this a lot?" I question.

"No. No they don't" Peter answers,  leaping over the side of the bridge, shooting a web-line and swinging free. He makes his way hastily towards the ship.

"Americans." I mutter, before flying after him. 

"So, can you find where Mr. Stark is?" Peter asks.

"Don't you have KAREN?" I ask.

"Don't you have ELIZA?" Peter retorts.

"Good point." I nod. "ELIZA, locate Tony Stark." 

"Hello, Ms. Maximoff. Mr. Stark is at Central Park, located to the North of Bleecker Street." Eliza informs.

"Central Park, near the front of Bleecker Street." I repeat, flying off to the direction.

"Got it!" We scour the field, and we see a familiar red and gold suit being knocked around by an oversized troll with a hammer, who is about to deliver a decisive blow.

"Peter!" I yell.

"On it!" Peter swings down and easily catches the alien's hammer.

"Hey, man. What's up, Mr. Stark?" Peter greets.

"Hey, man? Hey, man? Out of all of the things you could have chosen to say, it was hey, man?" I groan.

"Kids, where'd you come from?" Tony asks.

"Field trip to MoMA." Peter replies. The Alien grabs him and throws him away.

"Peter!" I yell, quickly blasting the guy and landing in front of him. Helping him up, Tony lands next to us.

"What's this guy's problem, Mr. Stark?" Peter asks.

"He's from space. He came here to steal a necklace from a wizard." Tony replies. 

"Why?" I ask, getting into a fighting stance.

"Because it holds one of the worlds most powerful items, an infinity stone. Oh yeah, one of it's siblings gave you your powers, Kit-Kat." Tony answers.

"Ah." I nod.

"Can't he just get a different one?" Peter questions.

"Nope." Tony replies, as we charge the Alien. We continue fighting, but not before a sleeping man covered by a red cloak rockets through the park, followed by another Alien.

"Kids, that's the wizard. Get on it." Tony orders.

"On it!" Peter yells, and we chase the Alien, as it floats speedily and upright on a small platform of burbling debris leaving a deep ravine in the streets. The alien lifts something up, maybe with telekinses, attacking us, throwing a Rocket Mortgage billboard at us. Peter quickly throws himself over me, taking most of the damage.

"Not cool!" Peter groans, untangling us from the mess.

"I can shield us you know? You can get hurt from this." I reply.

"Oh yeah." Peter rubs the back of his head sheepishly. We start chasing them, as a utility pole snags the cloak, ripping it loose from the wizard.Peter scoops up wizard before he hits the pavement, but before we can get away with the unconscious wizard, a cone of blue light starts pulling the us upwards. Peter grabs a light pole to anchor himself.

"Peter!" I shriek, flying up but Peter catches me with his free hand. I use my powers to root ourselves but telekineses Alien uproots it, sending us on their way to their ship.

"Uhhh, Mr. Stark? We're being beamed up!" Peter yells through a comm.

"Hang on, kid." Tony answers. "Pete, you gotta let go. I'm gonna catch you." We hurtle upwards, soon exiting the atmosphere.

"But you said save the wizard!" Peter says, gasping from lack of oxygen. He pulls off his mask. "I can't breathe!"

"Tony!" I yell. "He's going to pass out at any moment!"

"Ms. Maximoff. You are exiting the earth's atmosphere. Oxygen levels are stable. Would you like to make a call?" Eliza smooth voice asks, blocking out any other sound.

"Uh, yeah. Make a call to Wanda, please." I gasp.

"Making a call to Wanda Maximoff..." Eliza answers.

"Kat?" Wanda asks. "What's wrong sestra?"

"Wanda?" An unfamiliar voice asks.

"Vis, I'm on a phone call." Wanda replies.

"Wanda. Help. Please. I'm scared Wanda. I'm leaving Earth, and I don't wanna go. Wanda, please help, I'm really scared." I choke back a sob. I was so elated at her answering my call, that I didn't care that she ignored my calls.

"Oh my- Kitty, hold on okay? You're gonna be fine alright?" Wanda answers, panic evident in her voice. "Just hold on Kitty."

"Wanda. I'm really scared." I reply.

"Just stay on the line Kitty. Stay on the line." Wanda replies.

"Ms. Maximoff, you are to far from the Earth." Eliza replies.

"Don't worry Kitty, you'll be safe." Wanda replies, the phone line getting more and more interference.

"I love you Wanda. I'm sorry." I cry.

"Kitty!-" The call drops, just as Peter passes out, free-falling into the atmosphere.

"PETER!" I yell, a pod reaches him. It attaches itself to him, becoming the Iron Spider suit that we saw before. Now being able to breathe, Peter lands on a bottom part of the ship, standing up.

"Mr. Stark, it smells like a new car in here." Peter says.

"Oh my gosh." I gasp. 

"Happy trails, kid. F.R.I.D.A.Y, send him home." Tony orders, as a large parachute extends from the new suit, snatching Peter free of the ship's hull and him spiraling back to Earth.

"OH, COME ON!" Peter groans.

"Kat, your turn next." Tony says, as a parachute makes me fall toward the Earth.

"No, No, No. I'm deathly afraid of-AH!" I shriek. Tony disconnects his comm link.

"Got you!" Peter says, shooting a web at me. He cuts my parachute, and we clamber inside a slowly-closing chamber.

"Thanks Pete." I reply.

"Oh my God!" We look at the rapidly-receding planet below us. "We should have stayed on the bus..."

"You think?"