Chapter 1

8 years ago, apartment complex, Sokovia

3rd person POV

"Ah! Pietro help me! The Wanda-Monster has me!" A 5-year-old girl shrieks in joy as she writhed around, under the mercy of her 10-year-old big sister.

"Don't worry Kitty-Ana! I'll come to save you!" Pietro, the 10-year-old twin of Wanda, runs over and tackles Wanda off of Katriana.

"Yay! Run Pietro! Run quickly from the Wanda-Monster!" Katarina yells as Pietro dives and takes Katriana. They both pile under the bed, stifling their giggles.

"You can't find us, Wanda!" Katarina giggled as Pietro quietly shushed her.

"Of course I can! I can read your minds and see where you are!" Wanda creeps around the bedroom, "I can see where you are right now! And when I get you, I'll tickle you all to death!"

"Quick Kitty-Ana, cast an illusion!" Pietro whispered is Katarina's ear as Wanda howls.

"Nooo! Foiled again!" Wanda falls to the ground, miming defeat as a beautiful woman pops her head in the room.

"Wanda, Pietro, Katriana. Time to eat sweethearts. Wash your hands okay." She moves over to kiss each one of their heads. "I love you."

"Okay, Momma. Let's go, Pietro and Kat." Wanda stands up, pulling her twin and sister up. Pietro picks up Katriana as Wanda looked at him. "Pietro, don't drop Kat."

"I won't Wanda. I would never dream of dropping Kitty-Ana." Pietro touches Katriana's nose, earning some giggles from the young girl. They all wash their hands and pile on the table as their father walks in through the door. He first kisses his wife, then his 3 children before washing his hands at the sink.

"Daddy, did you bring anything? Momma brought more bread and sweets from the bakery today. Is it a good day for you?" Pietro jumps up to meet his father, who gives a chuckle and walks to his discarded work bag on the clothes hanger.

"Of course I did buddy." He takes out necklaces and hands one to his son. "A letter P charm with blue fake gems on them for you. One with a W and red fake gems for Wanda. One with silver fake gems and a K for Katriana." He continues, setting the necklace on each child. "One for my amazing wife, with purple gems and a J charm for Jemima." He kisses his wife on the lips, earning some giggles from his children. "Oh, this looks wonderful. Let's eat." The happy family sat down, chewing happily on their meal.

"Momma, this chicken paprikash is amazing!" Wanda exclaimed, shoveling mouthful after mouthful in her mouth.

"Aw, thanks Wanda-Bear," Jemima answers as a rumbling shook the house. The family shrugged it off, thinking it was thunder and rain as it was normal for Sokovia. The house shook again as a gaping hole opened up.

"Momma! Momma!" Katriana cried as rubble fell down the small dining room, trapping the family and cutting the dining table in two.

"Don't worry Katty-Bear, I'll come to get you." The father runs and scoops up Katriana before running back to where the family was.

"Oh be careful Darrel!" Jemima screamed as they both dodged objects in the air. Another hole comes out, trapping the family. Darrel drops Katriana and looks around for something she could hide under. He finds a small cupboard and sets her gently inside as the apartment building began crumbling.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Wanda and Pietro cried as he tried to get around the hole. It opens up even more, and Jemima and Darrel fall though, Wanda and Pietro nearly do too, until they run under a bed. A bomb falls down, 3 feet from their faces as wooden beam falls and traps Katriana in the cupboard.