Chapter 17

The sun is rising over Washington D.C., as I and MJ get ready. My phone rings from a text from Gwen.

GwenisGay: KAT U NEED TO LISTEN TO HAMILTON AHHHH IT'S SO FUKING GOOD!!!  IF YOU LIKE IT MY MOM SAYS SHE MIGHT TAKE US THERE ASFGEGUOWRGHOUWEH

KitKatMaximoff: Woah, Woah, Woah. Hold your paprikash. Hamilton?

GwenisGay: JUST LISTEN TO IT U WON'T REGRET IT!!!

I sigh at Gwen's antics.

"Hey MJ, is it okay if we listen to Hamilton while getting ready?" I ask. 

"Go ahead, Gwen just texted me about it too," MJ replies. I find a soundtrack of the original cast and started to play it.

"Hm, this is actually good!" I cheer, dancing around the room. MJ nods, bopping to the rhythm until someone knocks on our door, right when "Schuyler Sisters" was ending. I reluctantly press the pause button and meet Liz at the front.

"Hey, we're gonna meet in the lobby alright?" She informs.

"Alright, see you then!" I wave, and she leaves after that.

"I'm going to get Peter and Ned, you coming?" I ask, shouldering my backpack.

"Nah. What's your name man?"

"ALEXANDER HAMILTON!" I screech, and we erupt in peals of laughter. "Alright, see you later."

"See you." MJ says, and I walk out of the door, phone in hand, earbuds in, continuing to listen to Hamilton. I arrive at their door, and quickly knock on it.

"Ned, Peter, we're gonna be late. Come on, let's go." I say, impatiently knocking.

"Okay, hold on, hold on." Ned says, walking out, without Peter.

"Where's Peter?" I ask.

"He's er, not here currently." Ned lies.

"I can tell your lying Ned. Let me guess, mission gone wrong?" I sigh.

"Yep." Ned nods. "Don't tell anyone."

"Won't." We hop on the bus, and arrive at the Decathlon venue. As we enter, and Moderator stops us. 

"Please be sure all cell phones are turned off." She asks. We go through security, before the Decathlon, and we hand our phone in.

"Thank you." The security guard says. A female, with a strangely familiar face. I shrug it off quickly, entering the room. As the Decathlon starts, we, the students are scribbling answers frantically on pieces of paper. Times goes by quickly and soon we've enter sudden death. We prepare ourselves, trying to be calm and placing our hands on their buzzers. 

"The next correct answer wins the championship." The moderator announces. MJ hits the answer bell with a bored, impassive look.

The moderator looks up. "Midtown Tech?"

"Zero." She answers.

"That is correct. Midtown takes the championship!" The moderator says, and we cheer loudly as Ned and I hug MJ as she smiles. More students pile in for a group hug. We won a trophy, and a trip to the Washington Monument. We'e walking toward the Washington Monument, reveling in our victory. 

"We won!" Charles cheers.

"You guys, I am so proud of you." Liz smiles.

"Told you we didn't need Peter." Flash snarks.

"Flash, you didn't answer a single question." I retort. We walk in the Monument, glancing in awe of the architecture. I stare at MJ, who gives me a go ahead  look and I nod, and leave. Eliza Schuyler Hamilton was the one who did all of this, according to Hamilton, and the plaque at the Washington Monument. (Pretty sure there's a plaque. And it should credit Eliza, because she's the best)