Chapter 3

3rd Person POV

Avengers Tower, New York City

"He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs, reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place." Maria and Steve walked up the stairs of a recently destroyed Avengers Tower, courtesy of Ultron.

"Fatalities?" Steve asks as he brushes away stray glass on the stairs.

"Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, dead loved ones, and something too fast to see." Maria flipped through pictures until landing on a specific one.

"Maximoffs. Well, that makes sense he'd go to them, they have someone in common." Steve says, thinking that he had everything clear.

"Not anymore." Maria shows Steve a photo of Strucker's dead body with the word PEACE written in blood on the wall next to him. Steve look slightly alarmed but didn't show it.

"What's this?" Tony asks as Steve set down the Ipad in front of him.

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve replies.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us." Tony notes, amused.

"This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Natasha asks.

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss," Steve says.

"Yeah, I bet he..." Natasha looks at the computer monitor "Yep. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased." She confirms.

"Not everything." Tony reminds. The team goes through the physical files they have on Strucker, it was a cluttered mess, in which sometimes they'd pick up a file that another one had already checked.

"Known associates. Well, Strucker had a lot of friends." Steve deducts.

"Well, these people are all horrible." Bruce comments.

"Wait. I know that guy." Tony adds and Bruse passes him the photo he was looking at. "From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms." Tony stares at the photo, kicking his brain for information. Steve gives him an accusing look when he looks up. "There are conventions, alright? You meet people, I didn't sell him anything." They see the photo is of a man named Ulysses Klaue. "He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer, it was all very 'Ahab.'"

Thor points to the scar on the back of Klaue's neck "This." He points out, waiting for an explanation.

"Uh, it's a tattoo. I don't think he had it..." Tony starts, staring a bit closer to the image of Klaue.

"No, those are tattoos, this is a brand." Thor points out and Bruce identifies the brand on Klaue's neck on the computer.

"Oh, yeah. It's a word in an African dialect meaning thief, in a much less friendly way." Bruce adjusts his glasses.

"What dialect?" Steve asks.

"Wakanada...? Wa...Wa...Wakanda." Bruce stares at the screen, nose nearly into the screen there.

"If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..." Tony starts.

"I thought your father said he got the last of it?" Steve asks.

"I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce asks, staring at the small stare-down Tony and Steve had.

"The strongest metal on earth." Tony was the first to answer.

"Where is this guy now?" Steve asks.

Katriana's POV

Salvage Yard, African Coast