Chapter 8

MIDTOWN PREP

QUEENS, NEW YORK

Katriana's POV

KitKatMaximoff- I'm going over to Peter's house for studying.

TonyStark- Okay. Be safe.

It had been a few days since that mishap about the Accords, but now Sam, Steve, and a guy named Bucky are all wanted criminals. I was still at school, where people gave me looks because of my affiliation with the Avengers. At least Gwen, MJ, Ned, Harry, and Peter were still treating me like a human being.

"What did he say?" Peter asks, his puppy-dog face staring at me, excitement written all over his face.

"He said yes!" I cheer. Another thing, Tony had taken custody of me, it was another thing planned, and although I was pissed I couldn't have a choice in anything, it did let me stay with my friends for a while.

"Woohoo!" Peter cheers, as Harry "accidentally" knocked Peter into me, sending him and me unto the floor, noses barely touching. A light blush tinted my cheeks, as Peter got up and helped me, stuttering and blushing.

"Harry! Why'd you do that!" I huff, looking at him.

"Kater will be a thing!" Harry yells, as we all walk out, Gwen, Ned, and MJ joining us.

"Harry, we're just friends, besides, Peter's been looking at that senior girl? Uh, Liz?" I ask, looking at Peter and Ned for confirmation.

"Yep! It's true." Ned confirms.

"What! No, no, it's not!" Peter denies.

"Ugh, Gwen, we need to work harder." Harry sighs, as Gwen nods, nudging MJ, who just shrugs.

"Well, see you guys later! Peter and I are going over to his house to work on a project." I wave, and I and Peter set off.

"Hey, do you wanna go to that ice cream place that we saw during patrol?" Peter asks.

"Sure! I haven't got any money though." I sigh.

"I'll pay for you!" Peter offers.

"Oh no! I can't it's your money!" I quickly deny the offer.

"It's okay, we're friends!" Peter slightly winces at the word friends, and I sigh, walking in the store with him.

"Hi welcome to CreamBerry what would you like?" The lady asks us.

"Uh, one Chocolate ice cream, and?" Peter looks at me.

"One Mint Chocolate Chip please!" The lady quickly gets the ice creams for us and we walk out happily, licking our ice creams. We continue on our way, walking by a pretty nice DVD-player in which Peter quickly picked up. We go into his apartment building, noticing a really fancy car, but thought nothing of it. We walk in the apartment, and Aunt May is sitting on the couch.

"Hey, May, Kat came over," Peter informs, and I shyly wave to the nice woman.

"Mmm. Hey. How was school today?" May asks.

"Okay. This crazy car parked outside . . ." Peter sees someone and his eyes widen. I turn around and see Tony. What was he doing here?

"Oh, Mr. Parker." Tony smiles.

"Um . . . What-what are you doing . . .? Hey! Uh, I'm-Im-I'm Peter." He stutters, as I quietly giggle.

"Tony." Tony smiles.

"What are . . .what are you-what are you-what are you doing here?" Peter asks.

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my e-mails, right?" Tony asks, winking at Peter, a gesture to "go with it."