Chapter 28

You get a Soul World series.

Trust me.

It's great.

Cut to the Quinjet where Sam is piloting Rhodey, Steve, Bruce, Pietro, Natasha, Wanda, and Vision.

Steve walks up to the pilot's seat. "Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0." 

"I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." Sam says as the Quinjet passes through a camouflage force field into Wakanda's Golden City's valley and lands at the airfield outside the palace. King T'Challa and the Dora Milaje approach to greet the arrivals

Bruce turns to Rhodey. "Should we bow?"

"Yeah, he's a king," Rhodey replies, serious.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve shakes hands with King T'Challa.

Bruce bows awkwardly to King T'Challa.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey mocks shock.

T'Challa looks at Bruce awkwardly. "Uh, we don't do that here." He dissuades Bruce with a motion of his hand; Bruce shoots Rhodey a look and is answered with a big grin. "So how big of an assault can we expect?"

The group begins to walk back into the administrative building.

"Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault." Bruce replies. 

"How we looking?" Natasha asks.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." T'Challa says,

Bucky smiles as he walks toward Steve, passing some Kingsguard taking Vision, Pietro, and Wanda to another facility. "A semi-stable, 100-year-old man." The two friends share a hug.

"How you been, Buck?" Steve asks.

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world." Bucky snarks. 

In Shuri's lab, Shuri scans the Stone with her kimoyo beads while Vision lies on the examination table. She flips her hand over and studies the hologram projected over her palm.

"Whoa. The structure is polymorphic." Shuri gasps. 

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce informs. 

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asks, in a "duh" tone. Vision looks at Bruce as if to ask the same thing.

Bruce starts uncertainly. "Because, we didn't think of it."

Shuri smiles reassuringly. "I'm sure you did your best."

"Can you do it?" Wanda asks, as Pietro stands beside his twin.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." Shuri turns to T'Challa. "It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve asks. 

"As long as you can give me." Shuri replies, already working on it.

Okoye's kimoyo beads chime an alarm; she flicks one bead into her palm, where it projects the globe with a pulsing location marker. "Something's entered the atmosphere."

Outside, Sam and Bucky look up at the sky

Over the Avengers' comm. "Hey, Cap, we got a situation here."

"No shit." Bucky replies. 

The defense shield over the Golden City destroys one of the alien vessels when it slams into the field at full attack acceleration.