Need of Competition

AN: Late as always, but enjoy! (:

____________________________________________________________________________

Here We Go Again

Chapter 11: Need of Competition

POV: Al

"—Why are we doing this?"

"—Why aren't we doing this?"

"The question here, lads, is why haven't we attempted to do this sooner?" Grinning widely from where he leaned against a corridor wall, a glitter of I-am-holier-than-thou attitude in his eyes, James Potter crossed his arms over his chest. A chest baring the Gryffindor Quidditch-team uniform.

I frowned at his leering attitude. "Don't go feeling mighty in that, James, you'll soon be taking it off and tossing it back in that dusty rucksack where you found out." Which was, ironically, the dusty rucksack I was trying to pull out tangled padding for the knees and shoulders. "Not to mention that jersey on that says Oliver Wood. You're not even on the team."

James scoffed. "Please," he snorted. He picked a thread of lint off his borrowed uniform. "All you other dimwits might be trying out for teams, but I know I'll be granted a spot. The captain has seen my skills, he'll hand me the Seeker's position with a gift-wrapped snitch."

Before I could even knock my brother down a peg, because his Seeker skills were not impressive at all and there was no way he had improved in the last seventeen years of his life, Louis leaped off from the ground. He was already all geared up with the Gryffindor uniform, all the padding making his bulked body appear broader. "I don't know about you, mates," he began, "but I look damn freaking handsome. I'm going to break hearts just walking out to the pitch."

"Enjoy this moment, Louis, it'll be the only time you wear that uniform again." Also in his Gryffindor Quidditch-gear, Freddie smirked up at Louis from his place next to me on the floor. "Or if we ever decide to go trick-o-treating with the muggles again."

"What's that supposed to mean?" My blonde cousin frowned at the redhead one.

Freddie shrugged. "I'm just stating facts here, Louis. I've got Dad's Beater's build, and wicked genetics to swing a bat around with some mighty power that I could send a bludger to the Queen of England without any effort. Not to mention that Al and James have their parents amazing and dedicated passion for the sport that it literally swims in their blood. We've just got more of an advantage than you do."

Louis took a menacing step towards Freddie, his shadow making the ground the latter was sitting on dim as it darken his face. "And what the bloody hell do I have then?"

"A pregnant sister, Veela blood, a phony French accent, and the failed shot at being Head Boy—"

"Protego!"

An immediate clear bubble formed around Freddie, wrapping around him completely; making Louis stumble back a few steps before his fist could collide with the side of the other boy's head.

"What's you're problem?! Remove the bloody charm! Let him taking a beating like a fu—"

"Silencio!" Shutting Louis before he could even say something vulgar for her too proper and mature ears, Rose stepped further into the corridor with her loyal boyfriend by her side and two other Gryffindor witches; Emily and Lily. And as Malfoy smirked wildly at everyone, Rose frowned profoundly.

"Honestly, Louis," she began with her constant scoldings, "your potty-mouth is terrible. I'd like Aunt Fleur and Gran to hear you speak like this, especially since you're all polite and a tea-drinker around them."