chapter xxix

When Taehyung woke up, there was immediately a bad feeling in his stomach. He could feel it as soon as he woke up. That lingering pit at the bottom that tells you that there is something wrong. With a soft grunt, he got up and let his eyes dart across the room. Nothing really threatening appeared in his eyesight but the worrisome feeling didn't leave when he saw that his room was safe. Another groan left his body when he got up and walked to his closet. He took a pair of jeans and a baggy sweater out, calling it an outfit. With his eyes still droopy and sleepy, he walked out of his room, feeling the sudden urge to check everything to resten the feeling in his stomach.

When he opened the door he just noticed that the hallway looked like it looked every day and it even worried him more. What the fuck could be wrong?

~~

After checking everything that could be checked he plopped down on his bed. Everything was normal but the pit in his stomach only worsened.

"Damnit" he cursed, gripping the sheets. It sounded weird but Taehyung hated that nothing was wrong because it felt like something was. Something had to be wrong, why would he feel like this otherwise? Silently cursing his existence under his breath, he called Jimin.

~~

Jeongguk just let the tears flow at this point, his weak body shaking with sobs. He screamed and wailed as hard as he could, not that anyone would listen to him of course. He was all alone on top of the cliffs, nobody ever came here.

It felt like there was a hole in his chest that spread a pulsing pain through his entire body, numbing it with white-hot pain. Everything he ever knew came crumbling down now, everything collapsed right in front of his eyes. He wanted it to stop, wanted it all the stop.

Just jump, fucking jump!

A heart shredding whimper escaped his mouth and he let his head fall onto the grass.

Jump!

Jeongguk banged his fists on the grass before he let his exhausted body go limp in the grass. To add to the depressing atmosphere, it started raining. Tiny water drops fell from the sky and landed everywhere, only fueling the wild water down the cliffs more. Loud distressed cries erupted from his mouth but there was no one that could hear him. The wind just took his sadness and let it go in the air.

He should just jump. His cries would stop and the sadness would go away.

Jump, Jeongguk!

He shook his head lightly. There has to be another way, isn't it?

He didn't want to die, he just wanted the pain to go away.

~~

Taehyung was in the car, he couldn't get the damn feeling that there was something wrong out of his head. The black, sleek thing raced over the highway, the windshield wipers holding the excessive amount of rain back from blurring his vision. He was on his way to his little spot that he created over the years. He always came there to cool down and no other people ever came there. It was his safe space.

The rest of the trip was calm, the rain pouring down on the car only adding to the melancholic vibe. The sky was completely gray, packed with heavy clouds. When he was almost there, he could hear the wild water trashing against the rocks. The sound always made him feel more at ease in a weird way. Like he was safe up the cliffs while the water under him was so angry.

He parked his car in the grass and took an umbrella from under the seat, clapping it open as soon as he stepped out of the car. He let his eyes glance over the grass and the first thing he noticed was the trembling frame close to the edge. It looked like a rock at first sight but if you looked closely then you could see the outline of a curled-up human body. More worry began to explode in his lower stomach and his feet took him without thinking to the edge, to the person.