Chapter XIX

Double update :)

The bell ringed and Jia walked to the door, opening it. Her soft, featherlight footsteps galmed through the hallway, a smile was plastered on her face because she had played a game with Jeongguk and he had smiled. It felt good to see him smile.

But it quickly faltered when she opened the door and saw a bunch of teens standing there. Her eyes squinted, trying to look if she recognized them.

"Good evening, ma'am, my name is Jimin and I just wanted to know if Jeongguk is"

Jia shot him up with a raise in her hand. Her eyes had fallen on a silver-haired male, standing at the back with his head down.

Kim Taehyung

"What are you doing here?" she spatted, glaring baggers in Taehyung's head.

The aforementioned looked up and met her murderous stare.

"I-i came t-to v-visit Jeo-"

"Go away" her voice was filled with immense hate towards the boy on her doorstep.

"The rest can come in but be quiet"

She stepped away to let the boy and the two girls in. She recognized one of them as Julie and the other was probably a friend. The blonde boy was Jimin, Jeongguk spoke about him.

Julie smiled and walked into the hallway, spotting Jeongguk on the couch, colouring. His tongue was slightly hanging out of his mouth and he looked really concentrated. But that was before she saw the dark circles under his eyes and the dried tears.

Maia's tail was sweeping in discomfort, the hybrid gave off a sad vibe and it saddened her too. Someone as precious as Jeongguk shouldn't be sad. The three immediately rushed to the boy and Jimin wrapped his arms around him, causing the hybrid to flinch.

He whimpered softly when Jimin's hands accidentally brushed past the bruises on his hips.

The latter raised his eyebrow and let go of the boy.

"Is everything okay?" he asked worriedly.

Jeongguk just nodded and continued colouring. He didn't have the courage to tell that he didn't want Jimin to touch him. It reminded him of what Taehyung did and it burned. He didn't want to get reminded, he wanted to forget it.

Suddenly a deep voice was heard in the house.

"Sorry," it said.

That one word was enough to make Jeongguk quiver, he shook slightly and gripped his hair.

It was the same voice that whispered all those awful things to him. Telling him how tight he was, groaning in his ear.

Jeongguk's breath became rapid and tears blurred his sight. He saw Jimin looking at him, worried and Julie coming closer too. He saw her hands coming closer to touch him and that made him yelp.

He didn't want to be touched now. More tears were flowing out his eyes and his breathing fastened. The room spun and he sobbed.

His throat felt dry and he wanted to speak up, say something but it was stuck.

"Mss Jeon!" a voice shouted and that was when Jeongguk couldn't take it anymore. His ears were ringing and he tried to gasp for air. The room was turning around him, people coming closer to him, wanting to touch him.

He wanted to tell them that he didn't want to get touched but he couldn't. A hand was placed on his shoulder and that was when he passed out.

~~

"YOU FUCKING RAPED HIM, KIM TAEHYUNG" Jia shouted. The boy had come to apologize but she wasn't having any of it. "YOU CAN'T FIX THAT WITH A SORRY"

Taehyung was standing in the doorstep, head hung low and occasionally stealing glances at Jeongguk. The boy was still passed out on the couch after his panic attack. Jimin, Julie and Maia were upstairs, collecting his books for school.

His mom had told them that he wouldn't be attending school for another week.

"I know, mss Jeong and I'm deeply s-"

A harsh slap was delivered to his face.

"You left him there, tied up, crying and broken" her voice was filled with despise, it basically dripped off. "You can't be forgiven for that"

Her eyes were glaring baggers in Taehyung's eyes, the aforementioned quickly diverted his gaze, feeling horrible.

"Just let me ta-"

"Leave"

She slammed the door shut and then sighed, letting her body go limp on the doorframe. It was hard for her, seeing the man that broke her son. Seeing the man that caused her son to lose his bubbly and happy personality. She knew he was still young too, but some faults can't be forgiven. No matter how hard you try.

A silent tear escaped her eye again and she buried her head in her hands.

She felt like a terrible mother. She couldn't protect Jeongguk. It was all her fucking fault.

More tears rolled over her cheeks and she began sobbing, feeling extremely sorry for Jeongguk. She couldn't be strong, not even for her son.

"Mss Jeon?" a voice suddenly asked.

Jia looked up, teary-eyed, with a questioning look. She saw the blonde boy in front of her, next to the blonde girl. They had Jeongguk's books in their hands, she recognized the yellow stickers all over the cover.

"We will make sure Jeongguk's notes are all okay" the boy smiled and Jia nodded in response.

"Maia is in the living, with Jeongguk" the girl smiled. Her eyes disappeared when her lips curled up and Jia gave a smile back.

"Thank you" her voice was barely above a whisper but she stood up, opening the door for the couple. She pretended like she didn't see the sobbing frame on the doorstep and just said a quick goodbye to Jimin and Julie.

"Go home," she said sternly when Jimin and Julie were out of sight. The silver-haired looked up at the voice, his eyes puffy and red from the crying.

"I-i n-n-n-n-n-nev-never meant t-t-t-to h-h-h-hur-hurt h-him" he sobbed, letting his body go limp on the doorstep. He was clutching his knees to his chest and let the tears flow.

"But you did," Jia said, trying to rest calm. She kept reminding herself that Taehyung wasn't the victim. He was a rapist.

"My d-dad, h-h-he"

"It's alright" Jia cut him off, trying to close the door again but the boy panicked and tried to run inside.

That's where Jia snapped.

"GO AWAY!" she yelled. "I DON'T WANT A FUCKING RAPIST IN MY HOUSE"

The boy nodded, trying to regain his breath.

"Just l-let me t-tal-"

"I said, go away" she spat at him. Without a second thought, she slammed the door shut in the boy's face. A sigh left her lips before she turned around and walked into the living again, seeing an abandoned coloured pencil on the floor. Jeongguk was sleeping on the couch, soft snores coming out of his mouth.

He will be okay, hopefully.