chapter xxiii

Jeongguk pulled his jeans up to his thighs. The denim hugged his pretty waist and showed off his curves. It has been two months and one day since the incident. The hybrid felt comfortable inside his own body again, finally wearing clothes where he doesn't drown in. He wasn't afraid anymore when a stranger stared at him for too long in the supermarket and he wouldn't flinch when somebody touched him.

With a smile, he pulled the sweater over his head. He was proud of himself. Taehyung didn't cloud his mind anymore every single day, his touch didn't linger on his skin anymore and the nightmares were gone.

He opened the door from the bathroom and stepped in his room, seeing Julie already sitting on his bed with his backpack.

"Are you ready?"

The hybrid nodded, his tail wrapping itself around his waist. Slowly, he waddled over to the bed and plopped himself down next to Julie. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and gave them a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm proud of you, Gguk" she whispered while grabbing his backpack and giving it to him. The boy just smiled in return and leaned into her touch. The touch didn't burn, it felt good.

~~

"You can sit next to Jimin, Jeongguk," the teacher said when the boy stumbled in the classroom, a little late. The hybrid nodded, his tail curling around his slim waist. He waddled over to the front seat and then slipped next to the blonde. Jimin smiled when he saw the boy sitting in the school banks after two months. Jeongguk returned the smile, his nose scrunching up, showing off his front teeth.

"I'm glad you're back, Gguk"

The hybrid's smile grew larger.

"I'm g-g-g-glad I'm b-b-back t-too"

~~

Lunch break went quite unproblematic, Jeongguk just sat at his table the girls and Jimin, giggling and laughing about silly stuff. Jimin's stomach was hurting from all the laughing and he launched himself on Julie's lap, clutching his stomach and giggling uncontrollably. The girl smiled, running her hand through the boy's hair and laughing with him.

The hybrid was watching the scene with a big smile, knowing Jimin's feelings for her. It would be beautiful if they confessed.

Meanwhile, Maia's tail was curled around Avani's waist, the dog hybrid had put her head on the brown-haired girl's shoulder, softly snoring.

The whole situation felt perfect, nobody strictly paid attention to Jeongguk but he just loved seeing everyone happy. Hannah was chattering about some boy she saw in the hallway and Elisa was scratching Jeongguk's white ears while the boy munched on his tuna sandwich.

~~

It was the last period, and Jeongguk was washing his hands in the toilet when suddenly one of the stalls opened. The moment the boy locked eyes with the person his knees buckled. His breath was snatched away and every single memory came flooding inside his mind again, the burning on his skin, the pain he felt, his broken heart.

A silent scream erupted in his throat and he clutched his hand in front of his mouth but not once did he loss eye contact.

The piercing blue eyes that once held so much admiration for the cat boy looked now shocked.

"Gguk, oh sorry I didn't know you would be here" Taehyung gasped. His first instinct was to run to Jeongguk and comfort him, scoop him in his arms and tell him how sorry he was. That he wished he had never listened to his father, that he would've just died instead of hurting the hybrid.

raping him.

"I-its Jeongguk for you" the boy mumbled, trying to calm himself down from the shock.

He was doing pretty well lately but seeing the man that hurt him so much just triggered something inside him that wasn't healed yet.

Suddenly, Taehyung put an experimenting hand on the hybrid's shoulder, rubbing small circles to comfort him.

Jeongguk's whole body tensed up when he felt the touch. It burned. It burned again and it hadn't burned for a month. He wanted to jerk away but his body was frozen and he found himself unable to move.

"S-s-s-s-stop" he pleaded, his voice barely above a whisper.

Taehyung retracted his hand and sighed deeply.

"I know you don't want anything to do with me but please Jeongguk let me speak" the silver-haired whispered, looking down.

"I just want you to know that I didn't do these things to you to intend to hurt you. I did it because somebody ordered me too and when I didn't he would kill me"

Jeongguk just stared blankly at Taehyung's fumbling fingers, trying to register the words the older was telling him.

"And I know that doesn't justify anything that I did to you, but Jeongguk, please. You're so absolutely special to me and you're the most precious thing in the world"

Small tears were slipping out of his eyes.

"And I know that it is so, so selfish of me but please, Ggukkie! Don't leave me" Taehyung was sobbing now, he buried his head in his hands and his whole body was shaking with sobs.

"W-w-who f-f-forced you t-t-o" the hybrid gulped. "r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-ra-ra-rape m-me?"

Taehyung looked up, his eyes puffy and his cheeks tear-stained.

"I can't say that"

Jeongguk nodded, still processing what the older just told him.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that" he whispered, feeling a pang in his heart the moment he spoke the words. Because there was a tiny tiny piece of him that had longed for Taehyung, that still loved him and cared for him. "We would never work out"

Taehyung nodded through his tears, his vision was blurry and he saw the boy standing up, white tail tucked around his waist.

"Goodbye, Tae"

~~

I know that I'm a really small account but please if you can, sign the petitions and retweet. If you are able to, donate money and if you want to, protest but please stay safe 

acab

also, where do you want this story to go because we're almost at the end and my inspiration isn't that high anymore :(