Chapter XVIII

Jeongguk was cuddled up at the couch, his mother warm arms wrapped around him and his tail curled around his waist. The tv was playing, some cartoon being depicted on the screen and the hybrid desperately tried to focus on the moving characters but he couldn't.

Vivid memories flashed through his head. Taehyung stripping him naked, groans filling the room, his own pleads and cries, the pain. A single tear rolled over his cheek.

He liked Taehyung, he really did and it was sad that it hadn't gone away. He still wanted to be with the male, the male that hurt him.

Another tear escaped his eye and he snuggled closer to his mom, burying his head in her arm. Jia's hand went to his head and started petting his ears, causing the hybrid to purr softly.

"I love you" she whispered near his ear.

It was already way passed Jeongguk's bedtime but she knew she couldn't leave him alone right now. It had been four hours since she came home and she had spent all those hours cleaning Jeongguk up and comforting him. She had pressed soft kisses on his nose, made his favourite meal and put on a cartoon to distract him.

He hadn't told anything yet and altho his mom needed to know what happened, she didn't want to push him to tell.

She wanted to be there for her son, after this traumatic experience. So that's what she did, she placed a tiny kiss on his head and pulled him a bit closer.

Jeongguk hummed happily and snuggled his head further in his mom's arm.

They spent the evening like that, cuddling and watching cartoons. When the clock struck eleven am, Jia picked the boy slowly up.

"We're going to sleep, pumpkin" she whispered.

Jeongguk whined softly and wrapped his arms around his mom's neck, laying his head against her chest.

He was tired, very tired but he didn't want to be alone. He was scared that when he was alone, the nightmares will come again. They had been gone for a while but now a new reason was found.

He whined softly and clutched his mother's shirt tighter.

"D-d-don't l-l-l-lea-leave G-ggukkie" he whined, voice breaking. His frame was slightly shaking, worrying his mom.

"I won't leave you" she assured and with that, the boy nodded and let his eyes flutter shut in his mom's hold.

She brought the boy to his room and lay him on the bed, tucking him in. Her heart was completely broken. How bad of a mother could you be when you let this happen.

Deep down, she knew it was all Taehyung's fault, but she couldn't help but blame herself too.

"I'm sorry baby" she whispered before crawling under the covers herself. She spooned her son and gave him a goodnight kiss before drifting off to sleep herself.

~~

The morning came, a brand new day. Jia purposefully didn't set the alarm. Jeongguk wasn't going to school today, she wanted to give him the time to recover at his own pace.

It wasn't a smooth night, it was filled with nightmares for the boy and he constantly woke up, heavily sweating. His mom was always there to comfort him but she couldn't take the pain away for him.

When the sun shined her first rays of the day on the hybrid's face, his eyes fluttered open. He felt happy and lighthearted for a second before every memory came crashing down again. His eyes flew open and he looked around, noticing a person lying next to him.

Fear embraced his body and he scrambled away, falling onto the ground. A harsh pain immediately shot up his spine, making him whimper. Tears started running down his cheeks and his vision blurred. A faint scream left his body, echoing through the room. His breath was stuck in his throat and he panicked.

The air wouldn't flow into his lungs and it was creeping him out. He tried yelling for help but there was no sound coming out his mouth. His body shook with sobs and he clutched his hair, trying to feel something. The whole room was spinning madly but suddenly a figure started crawling towards him.

He screamed and tried to move but his body didn't want to work. The figure pulled him towards itself and he trembled in the hold.

Flashes of Taehyung's hand running down his thigh came up. Memories of his length entering Jeongguk's unprepped hole. It was all happening again in his head and the touch on his arm was burning.

A voice was heard in the room but didn't reach his ears. He tried to pry away the arms caging him but they were too strong.

After a while, he grew exhausted and let himself go limp in the person's embrace. His body was still shaking but slowly the air started flowing back into his lungs.

The person was rocking him back and forth and slowly, Jeongguk recognized his mother. He smiled when he saw her face and wrapped his own arms around her body.

"It's okay, baby" she whispered before planting a kiss on his forehead. "It's okay to be sad"

Jeongguk nodded and let his tears flow. The touch didn't burn anymore, he knew it was his mom. She would never hurt him.

~~

It was lunchtime, he was sitting with his mom on the dining table. Jeongguk was munching on a tuna sandwich while Jia was eating quinoa with feta.

The sandwich didn't taste like normal, he didn't like it, altho it was the same he always ate. It just didn't taste good, nothing tastes good since yesterday.

"I-i'm n-n-n-n-not h-hun-hungry" he mumbled, shoving his plate away. He looked up, only to be met with his mom worried gaze.

"You have to eat, pumpkin," she said softly. He didn't eat much yesterday also and skipped breakfast so that he didn't want to eat now was really worrying her.

Jeongguk just shook his head and stood up, walking to his room.

His mom lowered her head in defeat. Her son was visibly hurting and altho she wanted to give him space, it was really hard for her to let him go. She wanted nothing more than cuddle him all day and feed him well, causing his cheeks to become chubby and healthy. But that wasn't what Jeongguk needed right now. He needed some time alone and she must give him that.