Chapter XI

It was lunch pause right now and Jeongguk was sitting with Jimin and Maia. The other girls went shopping but the dog hybrid didn't go with them. Instead, she stayed with Jimin and Jeongguk, wanting to hear every little detail about his first kiss.

The cat hybrid was stuffing his mouth with tuna sandwiches and munched peacefully on it, throwing some details here and there.

"W-we're b-b-boyfriends" he blushed between two bits.

Jimin squeaked, causing the nearby tables to look at them.

"Shhhhhh" Jeongguk whispered, making Jimin clasp a hand in front of his mouth.

Maia leaned further forward, looking intensely at the ravenette.

"How was the kiss?" she asked while fluttering her eyelashes.

An even darker shade of red spread on Jeongguk's cheeks.

"M-magical," he said while looking down at his knees. "Like t-the b-b-books"

Jimin tried his best to not scream.

"My t-tummy b-burst with b-b-butterflies"

Maia just cooed at the adorable behaviour.

Jimin tilted his head, it was like the realization hit him only now. He was talking about Kim Taehyung.

Who was, according to rumours, a murderer, a fuckboy, son of a mafia boss and some girls even claimed he had raped them.

Jimin gasped and looked at the blushing hybrid in shock.

"Ggukkie, please stay away from Taehyung"

This time, Jeongguk gasped.

"W-why?"

"He's in a mafia and has murdered people before, pumpkin" his protective friend mode was on.

Jeongguk just shook his head in disbelief.

"He's v-very s-sweet," he said while looking angry at his friend. "W-we played h-hid and s-seek and he g-gave me s-strawberry k-kisses on my s-s-stomach"

Maia nodded and continued.

"He didn't take advantage of Ggukkie when he was in heat yesterday"

"Jeongguk was in heat yesterday? In Kim Taehyung's house?" Jimin said, hurt prominent in his voice. "Why did no one tell me?"

"I f-forgot," Jeongguk said, hurt also prominent in his voice. He didn't want to disappoint his friends. "And I-I d-d-didn't t-thought it w-was i-important e-enough to t-tell y-yu"

Jimin looked surprised and angry, his mouth was slightly open and he was staring in disbelief at the younger.

"Of course it is important" Jimin shouted angrily. "We're friends and you're fucking hanging out with that prick while in heat. Do you know what could've happened?

Jeongguk quivered in fear, not used to such anger.

"He would've fucking raped you!" Jimin yelled. He stood up directly and banged his fist on the table, causing Jeongguk to flinch.

His tail banged on the seat next to him in distress. He was actually scared of his friend now and tears were forming at the corner of his eyes.

"I hope he will be a good boyfriend, but don't come looking for me when he hurt you"

The hybrid was full-on crying when Jimin ran out of the cafeteria. It felt like everyone was watching them. Maia scurried quickly over, engulfing the boy in a tight hug. He just sobbed into her shoulder and cried, feeling the eyes burning in his back.

~~

Jeongguk was in an empty class, surrounded by the girls. He slipped into little space due to the high-stress level but he was now sleeping in Julie's lap.

"I can't believe Jimin fucking did that" Avani exclaimed. "He knows how sensitive Gguk is"

Julie nodded but sighed. "He has a point somewhere tho. Taehyung is not exactly the best person"

All the other girls nodded and shuffled closer to the sleeping boy.

Maya looked away and sighed. "Maybe the rumours aren't true"